By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The XBLA Sales Thread (Fez over 250k !)

Barozi said:
Lostplanet22 said:
I read it on neogaf ^^'

People always suspect bigger sales.

Honestly I knew it would not that be great but that is because I am getting used to IOS sales... Even Joe danger manage to get +200k sales on IOS lately..

THIS.

Some still don't understand that last gen consoles aren't equal to digital only Android/iOS phones or Steam dominated PCs. Adding to that the userbase is much lower as well.

About Joe Danger, I'm sure this would've done better on XBLA and PSN for $3 too :P
Just look at Dead Rising Case Zero. People bought it in droves because it was only $5. At least 100k on XBLA would've been more than realistic IMO if JD2 was priced at $3 and this would've made them more money than 18k sales at $15.

JD2 was part of the big sales on XBLA for 4-5$.  Still it is a big flop...   It is really strange how people don't like to play it while they could not stop playing the first one =p.        And the sales would be better if MS would listen to me and do something about the prices... 

It makes no sense that a game that is priced 1200 MS points in 2007 still cost the same in 2013..   Something that would be very welcome on GoD.   Who is going to pick up Halo 3 for 30$ o_o?

Around the Network

The issue with JD1/2 is that JD is a copy of Trials. XBLA really doesn't like games that are similar. So you have Trials HD, Trials Evo, and JD2 available, when arguably Trials is the gold standard.

So many games are like this. Sequels on XBLA do not do well, even if they're sequels to fantastic games (Trials Evo is about 700k units behind Trials HD, and the gap isn't closing very fast). Therefore, JD2 really isn't a great game to compare.

The better games to look at would be The Walking Dead, Bastion, or others that have released on both systems that are arguably unique. TWD is at 2.6m for XBL, and about 1.5m for iOS. Bastion is at just under 500k on XBL, and 750k on iOS (lower price point + sales). So both markets can be roughly equal if the game is good. Of course, you do have Minecraft which blows everything else out of the water.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
The issue with JD1/2 is that JD is a copy of Trials. XBLA really doesn't like games that are similar. So you have Trials HD, Trials Evo, and JD2 available, when arguably Trials is the gold standard.

So many games are like this. Sequels on XBLA do not do well, even if they're sequels to fantastic games (Trials Evo is about 700k units behind Trials HD, and the gap isn't closing very fast). Therefore, JD2 really isn't a great game to compare.

The better games to look at would be The Walking Dead, Bastion, or others that have released on both systems that are arguably unique. TWD is at 2.6m for XBL, and about 1.5m for iOS. Bastion is at just under 500k on XBL, and 750k on iOS (lower price point + sales). So both markets can be roughly equal if the game is good. Of course, you do have Minecraft which blows everything else out of the water.

It may look like a copy, but it plays different to any of the Trials games.

Awesome performance

Yay!!!

January 2013 update:

Moar info:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513309

Around the Network

Quite big news I found today:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14132-Doritos-Crash-Course-2-Coming-to-Xbox-Live-Arcade-%5BUpdated--It-s-Free-to-Play%5D.html

Doritos Crash Course 2 Coming to Xbox Live Arcade (Free to Play)

Doritos Crash Course 2 is headed to Xbox Live Arcade, according to an Xbox Marketplace listing.

"Crash Course 2 is the free to play sequel to the XBLA smash hit Doritos Crash Course," says the blurb. "Run, jump, slide and wall jump your Avatar through 5 new worlds of irreverent obstacles, traps and pitfalls. In this 2.5 platformer, compete for medals and find stars to progress. If you get stuck, buy coins to unlock new courses, power-ups and vanity items. Compare your best time against up to 3 asynchronous game clips of your friends."

Follow the link to see screenshots.
Should easily break into the top 10 this year.

lol Doritos Crash 2. Its gonna bomb on meta forsure, but itll still sell a million.

Minecraft at 5.5 million? wow. Happy Wars doing great too.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
lol Doritos Crash 2. Its gonna bomb on meta forsure, but itll still sell a million.

y ?

The first has a 74 Metascore and the sequel actually offers more stages and thus probably more diversity.

And of course it's not gonna sell anything (not counting DLC).

Barozi said:
sales2099 said:

y ?

The first has a 74 Metascore and the sequel actually offers more stages and thus probably more diversity.

And of course it's not gonna sell anything (not counting DLC).

First got a 74?!?!

Color be surprised and impressed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Dorito's Crash Course has now 6 169 238 people in the Leaderboards.