By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Visual Look at Why the Industry Needs New Consoles

Seece said:
happydolphin said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
Seece said:

I'll be surprised if anyone takes what you say seriously, every year you've expected ridiculous sales for all 3 (High on Wii, low on HD)

What was it, 7m for Wii last year you expected? (In the US) and 4m for 360

I was so happy reading a TheSource thread that made a little bit of sense, and then you came in and shoved the truth hard in our faces, cruel Seece cruel

Anyways, I myself do believe it is time for next-gen to trickle in.

None of his past articles, threads are without major bias tbh, he's incapable or making sound judgement when it comes to analyising these things.

k, but you harp on him way too much though.

I understand you want his job, but don't be like that.

His job? He doesn't even have one here anymore.

I was pulling your leg, big time. But even then, you were harping on him lots last year and he was writing articles back then. I was mostly kidding though, take it with a grain of salt.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Sal.Paradise said:
o_O.Q said:
Sal.Paradise said:
But the PS3 had record worldwide sales in 2011, it's still going strong.

didn't the 360 also have its best year last year?

Yes! You're right! Both HD consoles are very healthy in terms of HW.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142350&page=1

Another thanks to happydolphin for such a useful thread. ^

Oh? And there's more:

Enjoy bitches

Oh, and more for you hungry babes:

Let's call a spade a spade shall we?

absoulute visual proof ... that last gen is finally over and this gen is about to explode!

There should be new consoles by next year so I think we'll be fine.

Seece said:
happydolphin said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
Seece said:

I'll be surprised if anyone takes what you say seriously, every year you've expected ridiculous sales for all 3 (High on Wii, low on HD)

I was so happy reading a TheSource thread that made a little bit of sense, and then you came in and shoved the truth hard in our faces, cruel Seece cruel

None of his past articles, threads are without major bias tbh, he's incapable or making sound judgement when it comes to analyising these things.

That means you are being mean for no reason at all ?

Not cute.

I dont know you guys and what happened but he doesnt even defend himself. There is a backstory obviously. But for me a neutral observer. You feel way to agressive. 

If everything you said is true, why not leave it at that.

Netyaroze said:
Seece said:

Not cute.

I dont know you guys and what happened but he doesnt even defend himself. There is a backstory obviously. But for me a neutral observer. You feel way to agressive. 

You're right, you don't know the backstory, so just erase everything you wrote =)

Around the Network
Seece said:
Netyaroze said:
Seece said:

Not cute.

You're right, you don't know the backstory, so just erase everything you wrote =)

Hahahahaha

Group hug everyone, group hug.

And back on the topic. :)

sam987 said:
`Releasing new (expensive) consoles that only do better graphics will not save the declining gamesindustry.

As far as I know, the game industry is the biggest its ever been. And I don't think that is only because of the massive increase in casual space, but I think (haven't really looked at numbers) the cumulative hardware sales of this generation top that of the previous gen.

Seece said:
happydolphin said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
Seece said:

yes everyone should know by now that you just want his shirt..to bring out the eyes a bit more :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

o_O.Q said:

imo thats a funny thing to say seeing as how major games and announcements are still coming to light for the 360 and ps3 daily ( just today god of war 4 and halo 4's release date have been revealed )

while all we have to go on for their successors are unsubstantiated rumours that vary in terms of their claims from day to day

Yeah because confirmed reports of dev kits from just about every major and minor 3rd party as well as job listings from many of them as well as MS are all "unsubstantiated rumors".

The market is in decline. PS360 peaked and will decline this year and following. Nintendo has already started the next gen and their competitors won't allow them too long of a head start as that has proven to be bad business in pretty much any market.

360 had already peaked, but Kinect gave them a final push. But that ship has sailed.

PS3 strong increases YoY ended in 2010 with 2011 having a small 1% increase (statiscally it was flat... less than 100k increase) and so far this year they are very much down.

It is over. Keep in mind you didn't hear anything about the Vita until Nintendo kicked off the next gen with the 3DS and Nintendo didn't need to either as DSi's were selling perfectly well until 3DS was announced.

Additionally, Halo4 and GOD4 (and its not part 4, its a prequel"Ascension") are the respective final big games for those consoles. Just as ZeldaSS was for Wii. A final big game a year before the launch of their successor. There is no reason to consider these games as anything more than that.