By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Visual Look at Why the Industry Needs New Consoles

I'll be surprised if anyone takes what you say seriously, every year you've expected ridiculous sales for all 3 (High on Wii, low on HD)

What was it, 7m for Wii last year you expected? (In the US) and 4m for 360

Around the Network
Seece said:

I'll be surprised if anyone takes what you say seriously, every year you've expected ridiculous sales for all 3 (High on Wii, low on HD)

I was so happy reading a TheSource thread that made a little bit of sense, and then you came in and shoved the truth hard in our faces, cruel Seece cruel

Anyways, I myself do believe it is time for next-gen to trickle in.

Sal.Paradise said:
o_O.Q said:
Sal.Paradise said:
But the PS3 had record worldwide sales in 2011, it's still going strong.

didn't the 360 also have its best year last year?

Yes! You're right! Both HD consoles are very healthy in terms of HW.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142350&page=1

Another thanks to happydolphin for such a useful thread. ^

Oh? And there's more:

Enjoy bitches

Oh, and more for you hungry babes:

Let's call a spade a spade shall we?

There is a decline and the Industry needs to release new home consoles in the next years but this shouldnt be a surprise 6-7 years after the gen started. Its only natural.

`Releasing new (expensive) consoles that only do better graphics will not save the declining gamesindustry.

Around the Network
sam987 said:
`Releasing new (expensive) consoles that only do better graphics will not save the declining gamesindustry.

You kids and your music nowadays. I agree that releasing new expensive consoles that only do better graphics is not a great idea....but this declining gamesindustry thing? Do you do your own research or merely repeat what you're told?

Millenium said:
Seece said:

I was so happy reading a TheSource thread that made a little bit of sense, and then you came in and shoved the truth hard in our faces, cruel Seece cruel

None of his past articles, threads are without major bias tbh, he's incapable or making sound judgement when it comes to analyising these things.

Seece said:
Millenium said:
Seece said:

None of his past articles, threads are without major bias tbh, he's incapable or making sound judgement when it comes to analyising these things.

k, but you harp on him way too much though.

I understand you want his job, but don't be like that.

happydolphin said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
Seece said:

k, but you harp on him way too much though.

I understand you want his job, but don't be like that.

His job? He doesn't even have one here anymore.

sam987 said:

New consoles always saved the (console) gamesindustry in the past. Just better graphics are not enough but each generation there were improvments other than better graphics. And dont forget that hardware power is a limiting factor. The better the graphics/power the more stuff can you do as developer without running against a wall. Wi U does that tablet thing and PS4/720 will also have surprises in store for us.