By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Inafune (Mega Man creator) praises Fish's for saying Japanese games suck

Skyrim was awful.

I've never seen a game so hyped yet not deliver in every way shape and form.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

The truth is Japanese games this gen are no where near as good as snes,ps1,ps2 's era and we know it.

overall the quality in games have dropped a lot specially in japan, but in western too. Apart from RDR, alan wake, bioshock and a couple of more titles, this generation has been weak in the home console department(i just got a wii so can't comment on wii titles yet). i miss the ps1 days when i could by a FF, and be sure i'd enjoy it. After ff 13 fiasco i'll be reading a few reviews before i buy another ff game or another game from SE, same goes for capcom they turned the best horror serie into another shitty shooter.

Judgement-2012 said:
The truth is Japanese games this gen are no where near as good as snes,ps1,ps2 's era and we know it.

They are just as good if not better and we know it

jonager said:

overall the quality in games have dropped a lot specially in japan, but in western too. Apart from RDR, alan wake, bioshock and a couple of more titles, this generation has been weak in the home console department(i just got a wii so can't comment on wii titles yet). i miss the ps1 days when i could by a FF, and be sure i'd enjoy it. After ff 13 fiasco i'll be reading a few reviews before i buy another ff game or another game from SE, same goes for capcom they turned the best horror serie into another shitty shooter.

quality is an opinion thing. Thats it

Around the Network
stealth20k said:
Judgement-2012 said:

Resident evil racoon city,silent hill downpour,ninja gaiden 3,soul calibur V,final fantasy XIII,final fantasy XIII-2.....

You don't think they are better than their predecessors,do you?

If you do then you have a really strange taste.

stealth20k said:
If the best example we have is bad, we dont use it. They pick which ones to track and not to track and it has no bearing on which ones relay info. Its corrupt

I disagree and there are no more legit results than corrupt so I choose not to do it

I would never compare meta critic scores against each other and pretend it means something

You say you're not god yet you're claiming more knowledge without a proper basis. Let us see where your numbers come from. Bring them forth so we can analyse those facts. And by that i mean a credible source and not just your opinion.

This is ridiculous. Corrupt?

The souce is plenty legit. Just because its not perfect in an unperfect world does not make it less legit. I'm sure a collective conspiracy theory is alot more plausable... /rolleyes

Here just for you:

What is GameRankings?

Founded in 1999, GameRankings is a site dedicated to aggregating review scores from both online and offline sources, to give users an overall picture of a game's score.

What does it take to get a site included in the composite score?

The requirements for adding a new site are:
  • Sites must have at least 300 archived reviews for a multi-system/multi-genre sites, or 100 reviews for single-system or genre sites.
  • Sites must publish a minimum of 15 reviews a month.
  • Sites must be visually appealing and looks professional.
  • Sites must review a variety of titles.
  • Sites must have a dedicated domain name with professional hosting.
  • Site reviews must be well written.
  • Sites must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
If you are the owner/editor of a publication (website/magazine/newspaper) which reviews games and you would like it to be considered for inclusion in the Game Rankings process, please send us an email via the contact below.

Why don't you just use every review you can find in the composite score?

Consistency. Sites scores must effect all titles equally. Let's say a source always gives high scores and it's lowest score ever was an 80%. It would be fine if that site reviewed every game, or at least a good number of games, and affected them all by raising their scores. Then when you compare two games, they would both have been affected. However, if it is from a site or magazine that either, we could only get a few reviews from, or only did a few reviews, then it would raise a small number of games causing their scores to be skewed.

Why are some sites that meet your criteria not in the composite score?

Sites with very short reviews, inconsitent scoring, and limited depth are not included in the composite scores.

Its nice to see people getting suckered by companies every no and again, You basically proved my point. Not only are not all reviews posted. But in order to be qualified you need to pay gamerankings. And some sites are not willing to do that............Ive contacted that main guy. They dont include all the details there.......

Its funny by posting that you proved everything I said

Judgement-2012 said:
stealth20k said:
Judgement-2012 said:

Resident evil racoon city,silent hill downpour,ninja gaiden 3,soul calibur V,final fantasy XIII,final fantasy XIII-2.....

You don't think they are better than their predecessors,do you?

If you do then you have a really strange taste.

I would put 13, 13-2, tactics advance 2, crisis core, type zero, 4 heroes of light against any collection of FF from any other gen..............

stealth20k said:

Its nice to see people getting suckered by companies every no and again, You basically proved my point. Not only are not all reviews posted. But in order to be qualified you need to pay gamerankings. And some sites are not willing to do that............Ive contacted that main guy. They dont include all the details there.......

Its funny by posting that you proved everything I said

You're making stuff up. There is no paying necessary and if your story is true post the original e-mails here, or maybe its all just a fat lie?

Seriously, you go around spreading these things, but i think we all know by now where you're coming from.