By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 was the top selling video game system of 2011 (sold more than 3DS)

JayWood2010 said:

No i dont realize how silly I sound.  Do you realize how silly it sounds to be a fan of a company?  And what I said is relevant by the way.  If sony continues on this path you can say goodbye to sony and it's consoles.

This thread is about the sales of the PS3, not Sony's finanicial situation. If you're not going to link Sony's financial situation to PS3 sales, then don't bring it up.

-- "No i dont realize how silly I sound"

LOL

Around the Network
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:

No I would like to see more people not be so bias, simple as that.  Not turn everything into a competition and look at things from a bigger perspective.  These numbers show nothing at all.  Sony lost money for years on each console sold, they will not reach the userbase of the PS2, where as Nintendo and MS has gained, they are in financial trouble.  As far as them selling more consoles this year is really not something to brag about when MS is profiting and Nintendo has started to rise up as well.  While this is great news for Sony and the PS3 this should still not be a competition because there is so many other variables that people are not looking at.

Do you realize how silly you sound with all this irrelavent stuff?

No i dont realize how silly I sound.  Do you realize how silly it sounds to be a fan of a company?  And what I said is relevant by the way.  If sony continues on this path you can say goodbye to sony and it's consoles.

It actually is not relevant. Now stop derailing this thread please

Then people need to stop replying to me.  I stand by everything I said.  YOu can look at this as narrow minded but it doesnt change a thing for sony.  And no Im not trying to make it into a competition.  If I wanted to I'd state a lot more than what I've said.

JayWood2010 said:
enditall727 said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

Guarantee if I take a pole on preferred systems on this site sony would lead by a big margin.  Nintedno would be second, and third with very little would be MS.

Okay? Do you have something against Sony? Who would you rather see as preferred? And honestly, there are a lot more noticable Nintendo fans on this site IMO than Sony fans. You won't see many of them in this thread of course.

No I do not have a problem with sony at all actually.  I've owned every sony console except the vita and I love there exclusives this generation. I'm just tired of the userbase on this site being so bias.  I also do the top 10 games of this generation every year on this site which I had to stop because the top 10 were so bias.  I even had people try to cheat to get sony exclusives in the top 10.  And I hardly ever hear anything about nintendo on here that is blatantly bias.  I see WiiU threads which have just been ridiculous rumors.  Other than that I don't see too many nintendo threads.  I have seen people do the Vita vs 3DS competition however which is also annoying, but thats it.  

You really are just making things up. The fact that you rarely see Nintendo threads is not our problem, create some then! 

This is what I see:

Nintendo Discussion

22,663 Topics

Sony Discussion

24,993 Topics

Pure facts. Sony and Nintendo have almost even userbases here.

2006-2009 were dominated by Nintendo fans. 2010 onwards is a Sony fanfest. You can't use topic number, is like saying Nintendo sell more consoles now because they have sold 30M consoles more than MS or Sony.

Uh, I seem to remember a lot more Sony fans back in the day. Okay, let's do this another way then. Since he said Sony threads are by far the most popular ones.

Number of Sony threads active in the last 24 hours: 12

Number of Nintendo threads active in the last 24 hours: 23

Don't shade your vision.

Just to clear things up I said nothing about the number of threads. I simply said that this site is bias filled with sony fans.  And it shows time after time

hmm..

so you dont like Sony fans? would you like this site better if there wasn't any Sony fans at all? would it be better if this site were filled with just Nintendo and Microsoft fans?

And it shows time after time

could you give me an example of this extreme Sony bias that shows time and time again that is supposedly not seen from other fans?

just curious..

No I would like to see more people not be so bias, simple as that.  Not turn everything into a competition and look at things from a bigger perspective.  These numbers show nothing at all.  Sony lost money for years on each console sold, they will not reach the userbase of the PS2, where as Nintendo and MS has gained, they are in financial trouble.  As far as them selling more consoles this year is really not something to brag about when MS is profiting and Nintendo has started to rise up as well.  While this is great news for Sony and the PS3 this should still not be a competition because there is so many other variables that people are not looking at.

That awkward moment when a person replies to my question while NOT actually replying to my question

but whatever..

Oh wow, look at what this thread has become.

The misconception that PS3 fans are loud, aggressive, and completely outnumber all other console fans needs to end. I'm sick of entering a thread and being made to feel guilty for preferring Playstation consoles.

BHR3 said:
pezus said:
BHR3 said:
old news is old

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117165

Did you predict for video game systems overall? Only consoles, no?

it doesnt really matter, i was playing with you with the 'old news is old"

what matters is that i predicted it in 2010 right when the 360 and wii where putting an ass kicking on the ps3 sales wise and to this date i still get half the credit i deserve for even all my correct early and bold predictions.  once this year is up and the 360 is the number one selling console as i predicted last fall, i will be truly immortal, and it will prove wrong to those just thinking that they where dealing with a silly console fanboy 

I think you're going to be wrong in your prediction.  For this year so far, VGC has the PS3 at ~840K above the 360.  For the same point in time last year, VGC had the PS3 ~640K ahead.  I think this year will be another repeat of last year, only the PS3 will have a slightly larger gap than last year by the time the holidays hit.  Even if the 360 cuts the price soon, it will probably only slow the growth of the gap and not stop it, which may make the PS3 end up with another ~1.5 million gap by the start of the holidays.. 

@ OP

Congrats, Sony.

Edit: Oh, and I see Sony coming in 2nd this year, right behind the 3DS.  Japan will make certain the 3DS comes in 1st.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Oh wow, look at what this thread has become.

The misconception that PS3 fans are loud, aggressive, and completely outnumber all other console fans needs to end. I'm sick of entering a thread and being made to feel guilty for preferring Playstation consoles.

Why would it make you feel guilty? Don't pay attention to it.

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

Guarantee if I take a pole on preferred systems on this site sony would lead by a big margin.  Nintedno would be second, and third with very little would be MS.

Okay? Do you have something against Sony? Who would you rather see as preferred? And honestly, there are a lot more noticable Nintendo fans on this site IMO than Sony fans. You won't see many of them in this thread of course.

No I do not have a problem with sony at all actually.  I've owned every sony console except the vita and I love there exclusives this generation. I'm just tired of the userbase on this site being so bias.  I also do the top 10 games of this generation every year on this site which I had to stop because the top 10 were so bias.  I even had people try to cheat to get sony exclusives in the top 10.  And I hardly ever hear anything about nintendo on here that is blatantly bias.  I see WiiU threads which have just been ridiculous rumors.  Other than that I don't see too many nintendo threads.  I have seen people do the Vita vs 3DS competition however which is also annoying, but thats it.  

You really are just making things up. The fact that you rarely see Nintendo threads is not our problem, create some then! 

This is what I see:

Nintendo Discussion

22,663 Topics

Sony Discussion

24,993 Topics

Pure facts. Sony and Nintendo have almost even userbases here.

2006-2009 were dominated by Nintendo fans. 2010 onwards is a Sony fanfest. You can't use topic number, is like saying Nintendo sell more consoles now because they have sold 30M consoles more than MS or Sony.

i'm going to  have to agree with this. i may technical by purchase be a one console owner, but i post, and make threads in all 3 topic game related forums.

topic numbers means shit.

But that's exactly what JayWood was saying, that there are far more Sony discussions going on than anything else...which is just untrue as I just showed you.

that's why i haven't said anything to Jaywood. he took this thread way off topic. this thread was made to congratulate the sells of PS3 not to talk about the failures that came along with it.

Jay520 said:
Here are the top 20 active posters on VGChartz and their gaming tastes. Make of it what you will.

1. spurgeonryan - Nintendo Fan
2. pezus - PC / Sony Fan
3. Gilgamesh - Sony Fan
4. NintendoPie - Nintendo Fan
5. Stefl1504 - I dunno (Who is this?)
6. BasilZero - Nintendo Fan
7. Nsanity - Xbox Fan
8. RolStoppable - Nintendo Fan
9. Varkeil - I dunno (who is this?)
10. zero129 - All Around,
11. IIIIITHE1IIIII - Xbox Fan
12. Millenium - Xbox Fan
13. MARCUSDJACKSON - Sony Fan
14. radishhead - Nintendo Fan
15. theprof00 - Sony Fan?
16. Conegamer - Nintendo Fan
17. Andrespetmonkey - Sony Fan
18. zarx - PC Fan
19. NoCtiS_NoX - Sony Fan?
20. kowenicki - Xbox Fan

Someone should do one with the top 50 or top 100 active users. Should be interesting.

i'm switching to PC lol. hey i'm all aroud, just more Sony is all lol.

looks even it. if you'd have done this last month i wouldn't be number 13. maybe 80.

edit: dame i forgot all around means 360, and i'm so not that.

But microsoft said???

Nah jokes, congrats sony!!

Yay!!!

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:
Here are the top 20 active posters on VGChartz and their gaming tastes. Make of it what you will.

1. spurgeonryan - Nintendo Fan
2. pezus - PC / Sony Fan
3. Gilgamesh - Sony Fan
4. NintendoPie - Nintendo Fan
5. Stefl1504 - I dunno (Who is this?)
6. BasilZero - Nintendo Fan
7. Nsanity - Xbox Fan
8. RolStoppable - Nintendo Fan
9. Varkeil - I dunno (who is this?)
10. zero129 - All Around,
11. IIIIITHE1IIIII - Xbox Fan
12. Millenium - Xbox Fan
13. MARCUSDJACKSON - Sony Fan
14. radishhead - Nintendo Fan
15. theprof00 - Sony Fan?
16. Conegamer - Nintendo Fan
17. Andrespetmonkey - Sony Fan
18. zarx - PC Fan
19. NoCtiS_NoX - Sony Fan?
20. kowenicki - Xbox Fan

Someone should do one with the top 50 or top 100 active users. Should be interesting.

i'm switching to PC lol. hey i'm all aroud, just more Sony is all lol.

looks even it. if you'd have done this last month i wouldn't be number 13. maybe 80.

edit: dame i forgot all around means 360, and i'm so not that.

You getting into any PC games lately? Should check The Witcher 2 out if you have the juice!

i'm  starting to think Parkers right??? naw that's just my imagination lol! dud, i've been saying i'm a PC fan since my return..... i mean since i became a member in 2010.

PS3

PC

ninty

in that order. just more PS, and lack of a gaming rig is all.

edit. i was PC before anything!!!! then ninty sega Sony, but ninty pissed me off by giving me to much ninty with no variety, so it's mostly Sony by about 89%