When will the PS3 surpass the 360?

end Q4 2012 122 19.81%

end Q1 2013 93 15.10%

end Q2-3 2013 193 31.33%

end Q4 2013 165 26.79%

by october 2012 43 6.98%

Total:616
kowenicki said:
Hands up all those who, in 2006 just prior to the PS3 launch, thought the PS3 would still be behind after 6 years?

No cheating now...

There are threads that prove nobody thought that.

Everyone thought it would say past within a year or so.

MS has played an absolute blinder. Butchering Sony domination, becoming the console of choice in the US and UK and carving out a genuinely viable business.

Now thats... "amazing"

Really? You thought a $600 console would dominate a $400 console that was arguable equal in power and arguably better games at the time?
Stop downplaying the PS3s success.

Around the Network
maximrace said:
Ah the ps defence force! I think it took the ps3 quite long considering the superior brand name and ps2 dominance... Who should have thougt this 7years ago. But in the end it doens't matter... Only the true fanboys kick on this sort of gap philosophy... What matters is that both consoles were immensely popular and got awsome games ;) (coming from a big xboxfan... I just don't care about sale places... I only care about the games...

Yup, you say that now that the Xbox 360 is close to getting kicked to 3rd place.
Funny how you say "ah the ps defence force!" and "only fanboys care' when you yourself are part of the MDF and a fanboy yourself.

vgking sounds many times like he's raging in some threads and is calling other ones raging and mad  i love that

hope you really don't forget someone in this thread to quote and amend what they are doing and saying wrong

Halo 4 comes out and suddenly the numbers matter to Xbox gamers. The Last of Us and/or God of War 4 gets less sales than Halo 4 and Xbox gamers laugh at pitiful Playstation exclusives. PS3 gamers say numbers don't matter and that their game(s) is/are better than Halo. PS3 sales turn out good and Sony gamers brag about better WW numbers than Xbox. Xbox gamers say Sony already lost and that numbers don't matter anymore.

You guys are just saying what is convenient every. single. time.

TheKoreanGuy said:
Halo 4 comes out and suddenly the numbers matter to Xbox gamers. The Last of Us and/or God of War 4 gets less sales than Halo 4 and Xbox gamers laugh at pitiful Playstation exclusives. PS3 gamers say numbers don't matter and that their game(s) is/are better than Halo. PS3 sales turn out good and Sony gamers brag about better WW numbers than Xbox. Xbox gamers say Sony already lost and that numbers don't matter anymore.

You guys are just saying what is convenient every. single. time.

nice post

Around the Network
pezus said:
D-Joe said:

hey op i bet 360 shipped 0m in 2012 Q1,if i win you give me GRFS okay?

btw did VGC know this

http://notebook-battery-keyboard.com/microsoft-greater-china-ceo-xbox-can-not-into-the-frustrating/

I have no idea what I just read...

Edit: Is this translated?

really?i give it to some other members and he understand this news
well this news is talk about Xbox in China,and MS China CEO said in China have around 3million 360

i know he said unofficial,but it still from MS

it's unofficial estimate sold numbers,shipped?there is no official chinese ver 360
btw he just said he feel frustrated because 360 can't get in to China

Sony is very arrogant! I remeber them saying something to the effect of, we'll build PS3, when it come it comes, and at whatever price, and consumers will still buy it! That same arrogance is also killing the Vita. With that arrogance they will always be last.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

pezus said:
DaRev said:

Sony is very arrogant! I remeber them saying something to the effect of, we'll build PS3, when it come it comes, and at whatever price, and consumers will still buy it! That same arrogance is also killing the Vita. With that arrogance they will always be last.

PS1 and PS2 beg to differ. They were arrogant then, even more so than with PS3.

I disagree. For with PS1 it was Nintendo's arrogance that let Sony in the door, and Nintendo's arrogance continued during the days of the PS2. Sony then became king of the hill and let their success get to their head, now they are paying for their arrogance I think. I think arrogance comes with being at the top of the games industry.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.