By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - North Korea launches rocket: Initial reports indicate that it failed

Rath said:
superchunk said:
Can't we just jump in and take them over. Its worked so well with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

It's pretty much inevitable that North Korea will actually reunite with the South. Both countries have common cultures and history and want to eventually reunite (and I find it much more likely that the communist regime will collapse than South Koreas government).

It's just that nobody wants it yet because it will destroy the South's economy.

It's the same problem as "austerity" though. The plight of the North Korean people is only going to get worse by all accounts, and the longer they wait to deal with the inevitable, the worse it will be in the dealing.

Not that i advocate war with North Korea to re-integrate it, but it's going to have to be done.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Rath said:
superchunk said:
Can't we just jump in and take them over. Its worked so well with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

It's pretty much inevitable that North Korea will actually reunite with the South. Both countries have common cultures and history and want to eventually reunite (and I find it much more likely that the communist regime will collapse than South Koreas government).

It's the same problem as "austerity" though. The plight of the North Korean people is only going to get worse by all accounts, and the longer they wait to deal with the inevitable, the worse it will be in the dealing.

Not that i advocate war with North Korea to re-integrate it, but it's going to have to be done.

Germany managed to steer EU rules and economy to make other members pay the bill for its reunification. SK could persuade other Asian nations to form an Asian Union and do the same.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

If North Korea opens up the possibilities would be endless. It can become the next China offering a huge labour force, cheap land and plentiful resources.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Mr Khan said:
Rath said:
superchunk said:

The North Korean economy can't get much worse really, it's practically non-existant.

What's probably going to happen upon reintegration is a period of some years where North Korea won't be fully integrated (and the border won't be open) which will be used to build up the North's economy.

Not to worry they will spin it so it looks like it did what it was supposed to do

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
Not to worry they will spin it so it looks like it did what it was supposed to do

Nope. Confirmed to have failed on Korean state TV.

So it was a bit like this:

superchunk said:

1. A nation that thinks like you do is far much worse than any nation that resembles North Korea. I prefer a North Korea than a nation that thinks like you. Besides, Koreans have never invaded anyone in 5000 years of history. Total opposite of a nation that has invaded a hundred nations in less than 300 years.

2. It's not the same thing.

North Korea is proud country and I am proud of them.They don't allow anyone to dictate them what to say and do.Communism has probably failed as a ideology but it is one of the most noble and sincere thoughts of last few centuries and Korea has every right to stick with it.

Eternal said:
North Korea is proud country and I am proud of them.They don't allow anyone to dictate them what to say and do.Communism has probably failed as a ideology but it is one of the most noble and sincere thoughts of last few centuries and Korea has every right to stick with it.

They're an authoritarian regime that subjugates their own people. They allow no dissent - any dissent is punished with hard labour in camps where many of the prisoners die.

Marxism may be a sincere thought, however the regime is more in the line of Stalin. A brutal totolitarian regime that controls through overwhelming military force, a cult of personality and terror.