By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - North Korea launches rocket: Initial reports indicate that it failed

Russia and China like North Korea acting as a buffer against the US foothold in the region. If the North and South eventually reunite then it would most probably be allied to America (unless for some reason the North ends up being the dominant player in the reunification). In order to accommodate Chinese concerns US troops would probably have to leave Korea for the reunification to take place otherwise they'll continue to prop up the North.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
Russia and China like North Korea acting as a buffer against the US foothold in the region. If the North and South eventually reunite then it would most probably be allied to America (unless for some reason the North ends up being the dominant player in the reunification). In order to accommodate Chinese concerns US troops would probably have to leave Korea for the reunification to take place otherwise they'll continue to prop up the North.

Or at least not have any bases in the former Northern Korea. China would not be happy about US military bases right on its border.

UnknownFact said:
superchunk said:
Can't we just jump in and take them over. Its worked so well with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

1. A nation that thinks like you do is far much worse than any nation that resembles North Korea. I prefer a North Korea than a nation that thinks like you. Besides, Koreans have never invaded anyone in 5000 years of history*. Total opposite of a nation that has invaded a hundred nations in less than 300 years.

**If we ignore all the infighting, the North's invasion of the South, and the random attacks from the North to the South 

UnknownFact said:
superchunk said:
Can't we just jump in and take them over. Its worked so well with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

1. A nation that thinks like you do is far much worse than any nation that resembles North Korea. I prefer a North Korea than a nation that thinks like you. Besides, Koreans have never invaded anyone in 5000 years of history. Total opposite of a nation that has invaded a hundred nations in less than 300 years.

2. It's not the same thing.

First off you are factually wrong about North Korea and secondly, I figured my statement that it worked so well in those other countries would be a blatant tip to others that I was not serious. Didn't realize people actually believed our meddling in those nations has produced positive results.

superchunk said:
UnknownFact said:
superchunk said:

1. A nation that thinks like you do is far much worse than any nation that resembles North Korea. I prefer a North Korea than a nation that thinks like you. Besides, Koreans have never invaded anyone in 5000 years of history. Total opposite of a nation that has invaded a hundred nations in less than 300 years.

2. It's not the same thing.

First off you are factually wrong about North Korea and secondly, I figured my statement that it worked so well in those other countries would be a blatant tip to others that I was not serious. Didn't realize people actually believed our meddling in those nations has produced positive results.

I can't believe someone actually took you seriously.

Around the Network

I didn't know North Korea was the most racist nation on earth-

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2010/02/a_nation_of_racist_dwarfs.html