By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official iOS Gaming Thread!

NiKKoM said:

Sooo... have you got any new games yet...? A game that rhymes with Rocket Panes comes to mind.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Safari is faster on iOS because it's and Apple Product with an Apple Product. That's how it is with everything they make. 

It's not faster "just 'cause it's Apple," it's faster for security reasons. A javascript accelerator is a specialized compiler and it requires permissions which would allow your device to run arbitrary code. Apple trusts their own app not to use those permissions to hack the user's device, but they don't trust third parties not to. So third party developers can use the same WebKit rendering engine Safari uses, but they cannot use Nitro or any other javascript accelerator.

@Teddos

It's in the Settings app in the Safari section. But yeah, if you use Chrome's sync features and like its UI, that's a good reason to put up with the slowdown.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
NintendoPie said:

Safari is faster on iOS because it's and Apple Product with an Apple Product. That's how it is with everything they make. 

It's not faster "just 'cause it's Apple," it's faster for security reasons. A javascript accelerator is a specialized compiler and it requires permissions which would allow your device to run arbitrary code. Apple trusts their own app not to use those permissions to hack the user's device, but they don't trust third parties not to. So third party developers can use the same WebKit rendering engine Safari uses, but they cannot use Nitro or any other javascript accelerator.

You really just confirmed that statement just with a more detailed explanation.

NintendoPie said:
NiKKoM said:

Sooo... have you got any new games yet...? A game that rhymes with Rocket Panes comes to mind.

I have like 829 games and apps... Most of them I haven't play them yet... -_-" I'm gonna play it after i finished dead trigger, where's my perry? And the castlevania like Avenger

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
NintendoPie said:
NiKKoM said:

I have like 829 games and apps... Most of them I haven't play them yet... -_-" I'm gonna play it after i finished dead trigger, where's my perry? And the castlevania like Avenger

God! What Gigabit iPhone do you have?!?!

Around the Network

Gonna get a 4S hopefully sometime this week

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
Gonna get a 4S hopefully sometime this week

That is what I was hoping... then I took a HTC One S to the hand. :/

Capcom sale:

Street Fighter 4 Volt 0.99 dollar
http://itunes.apple.com/app/street-fighter-iv-volt/id432849519?mt=8
get this and maybe we can set up a tournament!

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting 0.99 dollar
http://itunes.apple.com/app/monster-hunter-dynamic-hunting/id428887661?mt=8

Mega Man X 0.99 dollar
itunes.apple.com/app/mega-man-x/id469343097?mt=8

NintendoPie said:
NiKKoM said:

God! What Gigabit iPhone do you have?!?!

there not all installed on my iphones and ipads... I was an early adopter so in these 5 years I got a lot of apps... talking about 5 years....

It's EXACTLY 5 YEARS SINCE THE FIRST IPHONE WAS RELEASED!!!

what a worldchanger this has been..

NintendoPie said:

You really just confirmed that statement just with a more detailed explanation.

I think there's a pretty big gap between "just 'cause it's Apple," and "because otherwise any app on the platform could hack your device," but sure dood, same diff.

Better examples of "just 'cause" would by why Sparrow can't do push or why users can't change their default browser.

@ NiKKoM

*checks iTunes*

Hah! 835 apps and games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.