By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official iOS Gaming Thread!

benao87 said:

Impressive, I'm just at 300k+

Just got a new airport, blue dot. Expanding this business like a boss!

What City did you buy?

Btw, what Region did you start off in?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
benao87 said:

Impressive, I'm just at 300k+

Just got a new airport, blue dot. Expanding this business like a boss!

What City did you buy?

Btw, what Region did you start off in?

Harbin, it appears it's a russian city.

The first time I started in Central America and Caribbean, but messed up some things, one of them was buying planes already build. Believe me, gathering parts saves you loads of money, you just have to be active checking the market.

A couple of days ago I started in Asia (Japan).

NintendoPie said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
I just got the Chrome browser then, I'll have a go on it soon and see how it is, I can't believe they released Chrome for iOS but its taking them ages to release it for Android xD

That is quite funny!

I wonder f Chrome works well on iOS though...

I had a quick go on the BBC website using Chrome for my iPhone 4, it seemed a tiny bit faster than Safari (although that may be due to me wanting to see a difference, I dunno). But the big difference was the change in layout, not having the huge bar at the bottom of the screen that Safari has is a huge + in Chrome (pun intended :P). Syncing with my Chrome laptop ID is nice so I have all my old bookmarks on my iPhone now :). Best part is going to be Incognito though ;)

TeddostheFireKing said:

I had a quick go on the BBC website using Chrome for my iPhone 4, it seemed a tiny bit faster than Safari (although that may be due to me wanting to see a difference, I dunno). But the big difference was the change in layout, not having the huge bar at the bottom of the screen that Safari has is a huge + in Chrome (pun intended :P). Syncing with my Chrome laptop ID is nice so I have all my old bookmarks on my iPhone now :). Best part is going to be Incognito though ;)

Wow. I might have to download it.

Don't know how it'll work with iPod though... VGC crashes on my iPod all the time with Safari. It's quite pathetic really.

benao87 said:

Harbin, it appears it's a russian city.

The first time I started in Central America and Caribbean, but messed up some things, one of them was buying planes already build. Believe me, gathering parts saves you loads of money, you just have to be active checking the market.

A couple of days ago I started in Asia (Japan).

That's where I started!

My HeadQuarters are currently in Tokyo due to it being my Hub City. I'm running out of passengers per plane, though. Having 10 planes and only 11 cities isn't too bad, I just need to Upgrade my cities so I can get more jobs.

I should probably look into building planes... I just can never find enough parts.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
madman25 said:
Dead trigger is great fun. Awesome bang for your(quite literally) buck!!!

Yeah, fun game... it also looks great.. but it's soooo tempting to spend a few buck to get some better equipement...

I'm happy enough with that first machine gun you start with so doubt I'll spend more real money to upgrade...and yes,the game looks great & runs smoothly too.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

TeddostheFireKing said:

Seriously, Chome on iOS is not, and never will be, faster than Safari:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6060/some-impressions-and-benchmarks-from-chrome-on-ios

Also, Safari does support private browsing. In fact, Safari introduced private browsing years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_browsing

Check the Settings app.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
TeddostheFireKing said:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6060/some-impressions-and-benchmarks-from-chrome-on-ios

Also, Safari does support private browsing. In fact, Safari introduced private browsing years ago:

Check the Settings app.

I figured it wasn't faster, but I can't find the private browsing in Safari on my iPhone :S

Still, the increase of web page space is great and shared bookmarks is a nice + :)

famousringo said:

Check the Settings app.

Safari is faster on iOS because it's and Apple Product with an Apple Product. That's how it is with everything they make. 

madman25 said:
NiKKoM said:
madman25 said:
Dead trigger is great fun. Awesome bang for your(quite literally) buck!!!

Yeah, fun game... it also looks great.. but it's soooo tempting to spend a few buck to get some better equipement...

I'm happy enough with that first machine gun you start with so doubt I'll spend more real money to upgrade...and yes,the game looks great & runs smoothly too.

Ha.. I'm a bit further in the game.. But here is a great tip when you don't want to spend money: on the parcel missions: get the first 3 and deliver them back.. Then get the 4th one.. But don't head back, instead wait at a one way corridor and wait until the zombies comes.. Pick them of with headshots for 10 bucks.. Since its a parcel mission they will continue to spawn, and will drop ammo.. You can get some good cash and exp this way...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)