By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official iOS Gaming Thread!

Lostplanet22 said:
Please download pocket planes..can't stop playing it XD.. So addicting =p.

I won't! I spended so much time on Tiny Towers (the same developer) that I actually had to delete the game to stop playing it!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

DeathSmiles is sooo awesome! Anyone else tried out some of these games by Cave? Thinking of picking up "Bug Princess 2: Black Label" today.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

DeathSmiles is sooo awesome! Anyone else tried out some of these games by Cave? Thinking of picking up "Bug Princess 2: Black Label" today.

I have all of them except the BP2: Black Label... Really good games.. You should Also check Space Invaders Infinite Gene and DariusBurst

NiKKoM said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have all of them except the BP2: Black Label... Really good games.. You should Also check Space Invaders Infinite Gene and DariusBurst

No idea how I am going to beat it without using bombs though since they are used automatically, meaning I would need to beat the game without getting hit. Came so close to doing it without using continues but Jitterbug has that one move that I can't figure out how to dodge.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

No idea how I am going to beat it without using bombs though since they are used automatically, meaning I would need to beat the game without getting hit. Came so close to doing it without using continues but Jitterbug has that one move that I can't figure out how to dodge.

Ha, to be fair I play most of my Cave games on my ipad.. with the larger screen it's just a tiny bit easier to spot an opening in the millions of bullets shooting at you... you can wave and dodge just a bit easier on an iPad

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Euphoria14 said:

Ha, to be fair I play most of my Cave games on my ipad.. with the larger screen it's just a tiny bit easier to spot an opening in the millions of bullets shooting at you... you can wave and dodge just a bit easier on an iPad

It was tough enough getting myself to give into picking up an iPhone rather than waiting on the Galaxy S3. I doubt I would ever allow myself to spend $500+ on an iPad.

Glad I got the iPhone though. Sooooo many games!

Currently playing:

NiKKoM said:
Euphoria14 said:

If we're talking shmups, Shogun is a tragically overlooked shmup designed with touch control in mind. They let you play the first level for free, go try it out!

@NiKKoM

Agree. Between touch control and portrait orientation (vertical > horizontal scrolling), iPad is the definitive platform for shmups. Pinball, too. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

spurgeonryan said:
I have been playing Temple Run on my Kindle Fire, but am not ready to move on. Anyone know of any other fun games that are on the Kindle fires app store?

zenonia 4, Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Castle of Shadows, Asphalt 6, I actually don't have any idea what games you like ryan.. you are in every thread making it difficult..

Go for Edge, Edge Extended, Where is my water, the adventures of tintin, fast five, NOVA, NOVA 2, that should keep you ocuppied.

spurgeonryan said:
I have been playing Temple Run on my Kindle Fire, but am not ready to move on. Anyone know of any other fun games that are on the Kindle fires app store?

*Looks down the list of Kindle's games section*

Super Stickman Golf is awesome.

I think Pinball Arcade is coming to Kindle soon. If you've ever enjoyed pinball at all, you really owe it to yourself to try it out.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.