By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

Conegamer said:
irstupid said:
Well I think I'm gonna go the one last distance with Chrom before calling it quits. Going Great Knight to get Dual Guard +. Then I'll have his five skills.

1. Dual Strike +
2. Dual Guard +
3. Aether
4. Rightful King
5. Aegis

I feel those are the best he can get. Already got Aegis done, only need to grind 15 levels in Great knight and can finally get him to his Great Lord class.

I know Dual Guard + isn't the greatest, but well I kind of like the symmetry of dual strike and dual guard. plus didn't really have a 5th skill I liked so again the symmetry of those two made me commit.

So, out of curiosity, do these + skills have some special ability (like they always activate or something)?

They add +10% chance to the dual strike or dual guard skill activating.

You know how if you paired with someone or adjacent you have say a 10% chance of attacking, or 5% chance of blocking damage.  Or when support increases so does that, to like at S rank it can be like 50% chance.

All this does is increase it by 10%.  So that 10% becomes 20%.  Or if your S ranked then you have like a 60% chance.

So in summary you basically "always" help out when paired up.

Around the Network

I'll add that the thing that you really don't want to think about too hard is the whole "Nowi as a slave" thing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I'll add that the thing that you really don't want to think about too hard is the whole "Nowi as a slave" thing.

Ha yea, i was like wtf right away too when they said it.

Then they make it pg by saying "they make me transform into a dragon for them"

Yea sure that's all they did.

I mean talk about trolling on Nintendo.  They introduce a little girl being chased by an old man and she is screaming for help.  Then she tells everyone she was a slave to all these men and they made her do stuff, like transform in to a dragon. Then she admits to being 1000 years old or so. Lol.  you got me good Nintendo.

edit:  btw with that dual strike +  on Chrom.  Him and his S rank partner are paired he has a 89% chance of dual striking on the level I just did.  Actually they weren't paired, just standing next to each other.  Not sure if it would change or not.  But I saw it and was like WTF, not fair.

dahuman said:

OK I just broke the game, I had my daughter go Dark Flier for Galeforce, then Merc for Armsthrift, then Sword Master for Astra, the by the time I made her into a Sorc, her luck is already maxed out by default at 48, then I paired her with a family member at rank A relationship, boosted her luck to over 50, then forged my most powerful dark HP drain tomb that will now never break and she's running around 1 hitting everything with high dmg, high crit, and draining hp at every hit on top of Astra proccing left and right with no weaknesses, fucking GG LOL.

Psh.

Morgan with Rightful King, Pavise, Aegis, Vantage and Lethality is the best if you want to troll streetpass people. 

They would be scared to fight you. (Morgan uses forged Aversa's Night)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
dahuman said:

OK I just broke the game, I had my daughter go Dark Flier for Galeforce, then Merc for Armsthrift, then Sword Master for Astra, the by the time I made her into a Sorc, her luck is already maxed out by default at 48, then I paired her with a family member at rank A relationship, boosted her luck to over 50, then forged my most powerful dark HP drain tomb that will now never break and she's running around 1 hitting everything with high dmg, high crit, and draining hp at every hit on top of Astra proccing left and right with no weaknesses, fucking GG LOL.

Psh.

Morgan with Rightful King, Pavise, Aegis, Vantage and Lethality is the best if you want to troll streetpass people. 

They would be scared to fight you. (Morgan uses forged Aversa's Night)

woooo I should totally troll people with that! Must get on it!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

That...that just makes it much worse!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I should point out that the remaining DLC has been outlined in this video (bottom of page):

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/movie/index.html

This gives us a complete list of DLC for the first "series":

Release date
Episode
Reward (Notes)
Difficulty
Price ($)
Pack ($)
31st January 2013
Champions of Yore 1
Prince Marth
2.50 *1

Champions
6.00 *2
7th February 2013
Champions of Yore 2 Roy
14th February 2013
Champions of Yore 3 Micaiah, All Stats +2 ★★ 2.50
21st February 2013
Lost Bloodlines 1  Leif ★★ 3.00

Lost Bloodlines
?
Lost Bloodlines 2
Alm, Dread Scroll ★★
?
Lost Bloodlines 3
Seliph, Paragon ★★★
?
Smash Brethren 1
Elincia ★★★

Smash
?
?
Smash Brethren 2
Eirika, Wedding Bouquet ★★★
?
Smash Brethren 3
Lyn, Iote's Shield ★★★★
?
Rogues and Redeemers 1
Ephraim ★★★★

Rogues
?
?
Rogues and Redeemers 2
Celica ★★★★
?
Rogues and Redeemers 3
Ike, Limit Break ★★★★★
14th February 2013 The Golden Gaffe Gold 2.50
Golden
21st February 2013
EXPonential Growth  Experience points
(Cannot be purchased yet)
★★
?
Infinite Regalia
RegaliaEltshan, Silver Card ★★★★

Also, for everyone who's talking about being OP'd, may I direct your attention to the following:

Yeah, exactly. Which map is this from, you ask?

Another Story: The Strongest One's Name (series finale)
Herein lies the castle of the strong. Heroes who have become too strong are said to eventually arrive at this castle in their search for worthy opponents.

Difficulty: MAX, Price: 300 Yen
Category: Ultimate Training
This map pits you against five consecutive battles. Routing the enemy does not guarantee victory, but instead triggers the arrival of the next enemy force. The enemies here are the strongest you'll face: powerful beyond limit. The path to victory against such overpowering foes will become clear to the ones who surpass even them. Your strongest soldiers and your ultimate stratagem--this map will require both.

If the player survives all five wave of enemies, they will obtain the Lost Tactician Katarina's Card, which allows them to recruit Katarina (art by Yusuke Kozaki--this game's official artist).
Battle map: New
Map theme: Confront the Past (The Sacred Stones)
Battle theme: The Battle Must Be Won (The Sacred Stones)
Note: If the first wave of enemies are defeated within 2 turns, you can restart the map with an alternate set of stronger enemies. Beating all 5 alternate rounds nets you an Ultimate Emblem.

Yeah, good luck with that.

^^ Damn.

On my front, it seems promoting my whole core team before chapter 14 was a wise decision: by the end of the enemy's first turn, half their guys were dead from flinging themselves at me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:

Also, for everyone who's talking about being OP'd, may I direct your attention to the following:

Yeah, exactly. Which map is this from, you ask?

Another Story: The Strongest One's Name (series finale)
Herein lies the castle of the strong. Heroes who have become too strong are said to eventually arrive at this castle in their search for worthy opponents.

Difficulty: MAX, Price: 300 Yen
Category: Ultimate Training
This map pits you against five consecutive battles. Routing the enemy does not guarantee victory, but instead triggers the arrival of the next enemy force. The enemies here are the strongest you'll face: powerful beyond limit. The path to victory against such overpowering foes will become clear to the ones who surpass even them. Your strongest soldiers and your ultimate stratagem--this map will require both.

If the player survives all five wave of enemies, they will obtain the Lost Tactician Katarina's Card, which allows them to recruit Katarina (art by Yusuke Kozaki--this game's official artist).
Battle map: New
Map theme: Confront the Past (The Sacred Stones)
Battle theme: The Battle Must Be Won (The Sacred Stones)
Note: If the first wave of enemies are defeated within 2 turns, you can restart the map with an alternate set of stronger enemies. Beating all 5 alternate rounds nets you an Ultimate Emblem.

Yeah, good luck with that.

That's fucking ridiculous lol