By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

Smeags said:

Here's the units I think I'll stick with for the duration of the game:

• Chrom (Great Lord)
  • Lissa (War Cleric)
  • Virion (Sniper)
  • Smeags (Grandmaster... although once I get Galeforce I'm switching to Assassin)
  • Gaius (Trickster)
  • Ricken (Sage)
  • Lucina (Great Lord)
  • Tharja (Sorcerer)
  • Sumia (Dark Flier)
  • Morgan (Grandmaster)
  • Nowi (Manakete)
  • Panne (Taguel)
  • Cherche (Wyvern Lord)
  • Stahl (Paladin)
  • Sully (Great Knight)
  • Lon-qu (Swordmaster)

ARGH SMEAGS! I thought you had learned from your indiscretions in the Xenoblade thread about where to put spoiler tags, and there is one! Please remember in future!

I'm really hoping that, in a couple months time, I can come back to these posts and think "Yeah, that's a good selection of units". For now, aside from seeing what others have said, I just don't know how good they are...but are Taguels' any good?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Feh, by the time you learn that character's name, the cat's out of the bag anyways. As it is, it's just a name.

Well this second classing has hit a bump for my avatar. master tactician, then went myrmiddon, swordmaster, on to general. And WOW am I not leveling like at all now.

Not sure if I feel like getting any more skills after I get Pavis. Gonna probably go to grandmaster and just call it quits.

Conegamer said:

ARGH SMEAGS! I thought you had learned from your indiscretions in the Xenoblade thread about where to put spoiler tags, and there is one! Please remember in future!

I'm really hoping that, in a couple months time, I can come back to these posts and think "Yeah, that's a good selection of units". For now, aside from seeing what others have said, I just don't know how good they are...but are Taguels' any good?

Well, if anyone knows me from my Radiant Dawn days, I'm more of a "Oh he looks awesome/aw she's so cute!" guy rather than "Oh his Speed cap is lower than her Resistance cap but if you combine the two and get each other's skill set then they'll... *brain explodes*" kind of guy. So keep that in mind with my team.

Still, don't doubt my love for this franchise! Fire Emblem is so great! @_@

And as for the taguels, I think it's so adorable how Panne does her butt thing before she attacks... or am I the only one who noticed that?

EDIT: Also, just picked up a $20 eShop card just for FE DLC. My body is ready!

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

Well, if anyone knows me from my Radiant Dawn days, I'm more of a "Oh he looks awesome/aw she's so cute!" guy rather than "Oh his Speed cap is lower than her Resistance cap but if you combine the two and get each other's skill set then they'll... *brain explodes*" kind of guy. So keep that in mind with my team.

And as for the taguels, I think it's so adorable how Panne does her butt thing before she attacks... or am I the only one who noticed that?

Yea I pick my units on who I like character/design/support wise versus max stats.  I mean with reclassing you can basically max out stats anyway and get what skills you want.  I also pick the classes I feel best fit the character too, not what is teh most epic or something.

If I think they fit a falcon knight better than a dark flier I will do that.  I don't care if dark flier is a better class.  Now i might go dark flier first to get its skill, then switch, but I would still end with the class I like visually for jthat character over its epicness or prowess in battle.

ex: in path of radiance I always heard Shinon was 1000x better than Rolf, but I liked Rolf more, so used him.  I loved Brom and used him even thouhg he ended up doing barely anything ever in a battle.  Too slow.  Loved Nephenee, Mia and many others, that might not have been the top pick in their respected classes, but chose them over their counterparts. 

Around the Network

My experience so far:

I'm a crazy person who made Maribelle my most powerful Falcon Knight lol...... went into some master healing mount class only to realise that she had no def and dies too quick then decided to change class on her to pegasus, capped out on dark flier then went back to pegasus again from level 1 to max falcon knight and has like maxed stats. hell of a lot better at healing too now since she can literally zone across the map, too bad her kid sucks lol.....

I also find Master Swordsman to be retarded, if you pair them up, nobody can hit them and they just kill everything with Astra, to make things even funnier, I had 2 Master Swordsman with some class changes make a kid and he's currently a Hero class with Armsthrift(weapon pretty much lasts forever), Paitence(+10hit/avo when attacked), Swordfaire(+5str when using sword), Astra(chance for 5 hit combo and possible to crit each hit), and Sol(chance for healing half your dmg done), like WTF how's that allowed LOL?

dahuman said:

My experience so far:

I'm a crazy person who made Maribelle my most powerful Falcon Knight lol...... went into some master healing mount class only to realise that she had no def and dies too quick then decided to change class on her to pegasus, capped out on dark flier then went back to pegasus again from level 1 to max falcon knight and has like maxed stats. hell of a lot better at healing too now since she can literally zone across the map, too bad her kid sucks lol.....

I also find Master Swordsman to be retarded, if you pair them up, nobody can hit them and they just kill everything with Astra, to make things even funnier, I had 2 Master Swordsman with some class changes make a kid and he's currently a Hero class with Armsthrift(weapon pretty much lasts forever), Paitence(+10hit/avo when attacked), Swordfaire(+5str when using sword), Astra(chance for 5 hit combo and possible to crit each hit), and Sol(chance for healing half your dmg done), like WTF how's that allowed LOL?

...Well, that does sound pretty ridiculous alright. Though looking at some of the DLC, I'm not sure if it will be enough...

irstupid said:
Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

Yea I pick my units on who I like character/design/support wise versus max stats.  I mean with reclassing you can basically max out stats anyway and get what skills you want.  I also pick the classes I feel best fit the character too, not what is teh most epic or something.

If I think they fit a falcon knight better than a dark flier I will do that.  I don't care if dark flier is a better class.  Now i might go dark flier first to get its skill, then switch, but I would still end with the class I like visually for jthat character over its epicness or prowess in battle.

ex: in path of radiance I always heard Shinon was 1000x better than Rolf, but I liked Rolf more, so used him.  I loved Brom and used him even thouhg he ended up doing barely anything ever in a battle.  Too slow.  Loved Nephenee, Mia and many others, that might not have been the top pick in their respected classes, but chose them over their counterparts. 

Hey, Nephenee, Mia, Jill and Rolf are better than their counterparts, even if they start off weaker. Particularly Mia. 

Also, Boyd is a great character. The only thing I don't get is Brom (though I guess it isn't Meg at least)...

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah I do vaguely remember some RD posts like that, and the stuff in this thread so far would suggest you're following a similar route...not that there's a problem with that, of course!

What DLC are you thinking of BTW? I'd like to get them ALL, but obviously it's a bit pricey.

Conegamer said:

Yeah I do vaguely remember some RD posts like that, and the stuff in this thread so far would suggest you're following a similar route...not that there's a problem with that, of course!

What DLC are you thinking of BTW? I'd like to get them ALL, but obviously it's a bit pricey.

I just bought them all! *Insane laughter*

Er... yeah... #^_^#

Also, what's up with the Lv. 30 Cap for Taguels? That's pretty lame. Might reclass Panne now... >_>