By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

Conegamer said:
Galaki said:
Conegamer said:
Coincidentally, any advantage in Mistelltainn or whatever Owain's sword is called? Seems pretty lacklustre.

It's a rusted sword that Owain gave it a name and it became as powerful as it is. Otherwise, it'd have Mt 1.

But is that really it? It doesn't get any stronger? Because it's no better than a Steel Sword...

It's just a unique steel sword with +1 skill.

It's supposed to fit his character of naming swords to make them stronger.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

^Well that's the other half of the coin.

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:
At what level did you all Class up for the first time? My level average is 15 and I have about 4/5 Master Seals ready to use on my main team. Should I wait till they hit level 20 to class up or I can do it already?

Since the experience units earn scales to their current level, it's best to hit level 20 before promoting units. Doing promotions before level 20 also means that you throw away a bunch of stat gains. And while you can reclass units to non-promoted ones again, the game will reduce their EXP gains.

Taking all of the above into account, it's really for the best to get every level up you can before using a master seal/second seal for the first time on a character, unless you already plan to grind for skills like a mad man.

Well, since i'm currently still grinding for Support (only have Virion/Miriel at S support and married status), I'll probably continue to go for the level 20 cap. Also, at what chapter do Master Seals are sold more often? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:
At what level did you all Class up for the first time? My level average is 15 and I have about 4/5 Master Seals ready to use on my main team. Should I wait till they hit level 20 to class up or I can do it already?

Since the experience units earn scales to their current level, it's best to hit level 20 before promoting units. Doing promotions before level 20 also means that you throw away a bunch of stat gains. And while you can reclass units to non-promoted ones again, the game will reduce their EXP gains.

Taking all of the above into account, it's really for the best to get every level up you can before using a master seal/second seal for the first time on a character, unless you already plan to grind for skills like a mad man.

Well, since i'm currently still grinding for Support (only have Virion/Miriel at S support and married status), I'll probably continue to go for the level 20 cap. Also, at what chapter do Master Seals are sold more often? 

I think it is Chapter 10 or 11.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

All yals ignoring me eh? That's alrights, no skin off my bones. :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

The port of Regna Ferox definitely has them in store (as in permanently and unlimited) and that's chapter 12.

Thanks, but since that's a bit on the limit for Chrom's marriage chapter, should I use the current seals I have on him so he'll learn all his potential skills? I'm trying to pair him up with Olivia, though I've heard it's rather complicated.

@einsam_dolphin - Sorry, didn't see your reply above Rol's

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Is this a turn-based strategy game like Civilization?
I've never played any Fire Emblem video game...

lestatdark said:
RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

The port of Regna Ferox definitely has them in store (as in permanently and unlimited) and that's chapter 12.

Thanks, but since that's a bit on the limit for Chrom's marriage chapter, should I use the current seals I have on him so he'll learn all his potential skills? I'm trying to pair him up with Olivia, though I've heard it's rather complicated.

Chrom only passes Aether to daughters and Rightful King to sons, regardless of what other skills he has.

The determining child of his is Chapter 13 anyways.

Marrying him to Olivia is easy, just marry off Sumia/Sully/FeMU/Marribelle or make sure they haven't gain support with him.  Hopefully by Chapter 11 you have a seed of trust and use it with the couple for maxmized support gain.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

lestatdark said:
RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

lol it's all good mate, just don't let it happen again!!!!!! Nah jk.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Is this a turn-based strategy game like Civilization?
I've never played any Fire Emblem video game...

It's turn based, but I can't say whether or not it plays exactly like civilization since I've never played that game. Check out some gameplay videos on youtube or somewhere to see if you like it's style.