By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD - X360 #1 371k, PS3 337k, Wii 175k

Argh_College said:
Turkish said:
Argh_College said:
Ladies and gentelman : Vita is Dead in USA and wont recover, Wii U is coming so Nintendo doesnt care about Wii and Xbox is a Beast in Americas and has next gen locked down.

Also if MS cuts the price... heads will explode.

You were smart enough not to reply to me when I made a remark about your idiotic post 2 days ago. But surely, people can't be that stupid to predict a console is dead after 1 month of sales. PS3 had to endure the same doom and gloom from people like you and yet it sold many more million units then 360 in the same time frame. Vita will be fine don't you worry kid, I'm sure Sony knows more about what they're doing than an armchair analyst.

thats why they are nearly bankrupt.

ahahahahah this guy is funny

lol turkish don't waste your time

Around the Network

No Ninja Gaiden 3

Would be nice if we had an digital list aswell :s

Kynes said:
Sony PR promoting Skype...

Cleary MS payed Sony to promote a MS product

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Somebody crack the Sony code for those Vita numbers!!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Kynes said:
Sony PR promoting Skype...

Cleary MS payed Sony to promote a MS product

I just wanted to ask 'Didn't MS bought Skype'?

PSP never really sold "well" in the US, its best 12 month period was just over 4m from mid 2007-mid 2008 and its generally sold under 100,000 per month in the US since the middle of 2010, which is two years already, with the exception of a Spring 2011 price cut lift that lasted one month and a couple lousy November / Decembers.

Given how low demand has been for PSP for years (they've sold like 5.5m PSPs in the US in all of 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 to date), its not that surprising how Vita has launched in the West. The US is a huge market, selling 5m units in a year is pretty common now, so the Vita is facing pretty strong head winds based on how PSP has performed recently.

Sony has sold almost 20m PSPs in the US over seven years with the machine launched at the peak of Sony's power - I don't think the handheld market (for dedicated game machines) is necessarily growing any more - so Vita could conceivably perform worse than PSP, although its way early to know for sure either way.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Turkish said:
Argh_College said:
Ladies and gentelman : Vita is Dead in USA and wont recover, Wii U is coming so Nintendo doesnt care about Wii and Xbox is a Beast in Americas and has next gen locked down.

Also if MS cuts the price... heads will explode.

You were smart enough not to reply to me when I made a remark about your idiotic post 2 days ago. But surely, people can't be that stupid to predict a console is dead after 1 month of sales. PS3 had to endure the same doom and gloom from people like you and yet it sold many more million units then 360 in the same time frame. Vita will be fine don't you worry kid, I'm sure Sony knows more about what they're doing than an armchair analyst.

If anyone could write a business book on how to overcome success, it would be Sony. 

I can't remember one time Sony give us hardware numbers in NPD.

We always done maths with 360's market share and Wii's numbers.

ethomaz said:

I can't remember one time Sony give us hardware numbers in NPD.

We always done maths with 360's market share and Wii's numbers.

They would typically provide numbers for the entire brand, so the PlayStation Brand sold over 600,000 units for September.

When NPD stopped releasing console numbers, Sony stopped providing unit numbers.