By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo played the Sony hype game.....

Should they?

Yes! Go into their house! 14 20.00%

No. Do not stoop to that level... 41 58.57%

See results 15 21.43%

Total:70

Everyone remembers the whole Sony hype machine that famously declared PlayStation 2 to have "Toy Story quality graphics", but what would happen if Nintendo played the same game?

I ask this mainly because of my discovery of the WiiU containing a POWER7 based CPU, the same base used in the building blocks for Watson. For those of you who don't know, Watson is a supercomputer that recently beat two of the world's best Jeopardy players at their own game.

So why doesn't Nintendo push this? Get the hype machine going with "It's built of Watson! Imagine the AI capabilities!" Yes, I do know there's a lot more to it than that, but I was just wanting people's thoughts on the matter...

Around the Network

"imagine the possibilities, 'cause we don't have the follow through to deliver." ~the nintendo hype machine.

1?

what ever it take to sale the system, is what they should do.

kitler53 said:
"imagine the possibilities, 'cause we don't have the follow through to deliver." ~the nintendo hype machine.

Isn't that the definition of ALL hype? Not meeting (or unable to) meet high placed expectations?

kitler53 said:

why do the former Nintendo fans always become the most obnoxious Nintendo critics?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I remember something about Spider-man-like graphics too from Sony.

But the best one is that PS2 could be used by Saddam Hussein to launch missiles against Iran. That was golden at the time!

And look, we still don't have Toy Story quality graphics.

axumblade said:
NintendoPie said:
And look, we still don't have Toy Story quality graphics.

Ratchet & Clank graphics were up there around Toy Story quality imo....x.o

Otherwise, I don't think anything was trying too hard to get Toy Story like.

They should try! Toy Story 3 looks great.

I agree though, RandC have quite great graphics, great lighting effects too!

i like the way Nintendo shows stuff and then beats what they showed instead of promising something they can't achieve graphically until two gens after :P

i think PS4 will give us what they promised the PS2 would

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

i think PS4 will give us what they promised the PS2 would

Damn. That means no 4D graphics.