By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Moonraker Review

"Worst official Bond film up until this point."

Why do I have the feeling that Brosnan's Bond films are going to get a ripping?

Anyway, great review, I might have to watch this particular Bond film alone.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Like Roger Moore Bonds, Brosnan Bonds are uneven in quality. Golden Eye is awesome, Die Another Day is awful.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
brendude13 said:

Like Roger Moore Bonds, Brosnan Bonds are uneven in quality. Golden Eye is awesome, Die Another Day is awful.

True. I thought the theme song was awful too *looks at avatar*.

I loved the rest though, The World Is Not Enough was great and Tomorrow Never Dies is possibly my favourite Bond movie.

NiKKoM said:
DixieKong said:
I personally find Moonraker more watchable than the newer Bond films, like Die Another Day. That film was just awful.

i kinda agree... Moonraker, still bad, is not that awefull compared to the sillyness of the latter Pierce Brosnan movies

We're not talking about the Brosnan movies yet.

Stay tuned...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Nah, we're entering the 80s and there's still 3 more Bond movies with Roger Moore: For Your Eyes Only (1981), Octopussy (1983), A View to a Kill (1985).

Plus Never Say Never Again with Connery (released the same year as Octopussy).

Around the Network

One of the worst. Although as you say a lot of the set design and associated effects were really very good. But the film? Awful. Damn you Star Wars.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Ok, so I was going to post in this thread last night, but I was using my iPad and it was annoying me.

amp, I love this review man, classic. I swear you stole my thoughts out of my head from the first time I re-watched this.

I watched all of the Bond films once when I was like 10, with my best friend. I sporadically watched a lot of the Connery films over again, along with Live and Let Die after Golden Eye came out. It wasn't until I was in my 20's and a Bond Marathon came on Encore that I rewatched all of the movies again. One thing to note, in my youth, Moonraker was my favorite Moore film, because it was about space. Also, my attention span was like 45 seconds back then, and then I would start playing with legos until the next fight scene.

Re-watching this for the first time was a shock. As I had grown older, I had heard people's criticisms of this movie, but hadn't taken them super seriously because of my fond recollection. I re-watched this and was like, WHAT IS HAPPENING??? This movie really could have been made today, it is so uncreative and cliche ridden. It's like Broccoli sat in a room with a bunch of Hollywood bigwigs and they were like, "listen, we have an idea, wait for it.... wait for it.... Space Movie, with giant space station, AND JAMES FUCKING BOND!!! Oh, and Jaws is back, yeaaaaaaaaah buddy!" Seriously, it seemed like they were in the middle of developing a real Bond movie and were just like, "nah, screw it, space, BOOOOM!"

Next week we get one of my favorites, For Your Eyes Only, if only for Carole Bouquet, she is so sexy when she is angry. And the line near the end about Detente, classic. Keep up the good work amp, I love this family of threads.

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
NiKKoM said:
DixieKong said:
I personally find Moonraker more watchable than the newer Bond films, like Die Another Day. That film was just awful.

i kinda agree... Moonraker, still bad, is not that awefull compared to the sillyness of the latter Pierce Brosnan movies

We're not talking about the Brosnan movies yet.

Stay tuned...

This has to be the final Moore film right? Then two Daltons, and then Everyones favorite! Besides Sean Connery.

I'm pretty sure that you're jioking, but if you aren't look at okr's post at the top of page 3.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
Holy cow! How many Moore movies are there? I am sorry that you are in your toughest part Amp. ;)

There were seven of them.  You should check out View To A Kill to see how old he is in that one.

spurgeonryan said:
Moore? Funny thing is that he did not look that bad in a more recent movie called The Quest, with Van Dammed. Although it was probably more like 1995. So not too recent at all.

Yeah, Moore looks tired when he's walking in A View To A Kill.  I think that they may have gotten a stunt double for some of the walking scenes.