By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

Total sales for this week; 54k

So 43k from US, 11k from elsewhere.

Could we see 25k from US, 5k from elsewhere next week, making it 30k? I think so!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
RolStoppable said:

Pandora's Tower is a good game, I would give it a score of 7.9/10. I have unlocked all endings, but not gotten 100 % of the cutscenes yet. I do plan to write a detailed review at some point though.

For comparison's sake, Xenoblade Chronicles is a 9.1 and The Last Story a 6.2.

Last Story's Metascore is 6.2?

Don't trust Metascores, FFXIII score higher then Lost Odyssey, and higher then FFXIII-2, which supposedly fixes a lot of the issues of FFXIII, and a lot of great JRPG's get bad metascores.

IGN gave XenoBlade 9/10, and TLS 8.5/10, and a lot of other major websites gave TLS above 8/10, even Famatsu gave the game a 9.5 out of 10 (38/40). I trust Famitsu over any JRPG hating US website.

No, those are my personal scores. The Last Story was a huge letdown with only a few redeeming qualities.

In what way did TLS let you down? I've just gotten Xenoblade, haven't played much yet - but my gal likes it! I've just gotten my eyes opened regarding Pandoras, but haven't decided if I'm getting either TLS or Pandora...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Smeags said:
MRKs said:
44k week 2? that's some solid sales we got here. Looking forward to week 3 now

I'm plesantly surprised. Glad to see more and more people are enjoying this game. ^_^

Though now I don't know what's crazier... NoA's debacle of bringing the game over to American shores, or the fact that despite all that, NA is now XenoBlade's highest selling region in only two weeks of sales.

Shame on our European and Japanese bretheren!

Yeah, I just don't get this at all! How come European sales are always lagging behind?! How come video games are so much bigger over in NA?

Conegamer said:

Could we see 25k from US, 5k from elsewhere next week, making it 30k? I think so!

seems plausible! I'd say between 20-30k sales for next week...

has someone an idea of where to get Haste/Double Attack gems? They seem to be the best for 2 Characters, but i only have a few L2 gems of 'em. :

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
has someone an idea of where to get Haste/Double Attack gems? They seem to be the best for 2 Characters, but i only have a few L2 gems of 'em. :< (i want to spam teh shieet out of the Monado!)

Where abouts are you? Have you tried going to the Ether Mine? Depending on the level of Nature of Colony 6 (n), the ether crystals will be rank n+1. I think Earth crystals do Double Attack, and water Haste. 

If not, late game enemies drop crystals which may have these attributes...

DanneSandin said:
Conegamer said:

seems plausible! I'd say between 20-30k sales for next week...

Well, sales for this week were higher than expected, so anything is possible!

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

No, those are my personal scores. The Last Story was a huge letdown with only a few redeeming qualities.

In what way did TLS let you down? I've just gotten Xenoblade, haven't played much yet - but my gal likes it! I've just gotten my eyes opened regarding Pandoras, but haven't decided if I'm getting either TLS or Pandora...

A lot of framerate problems, a lacking story, a lack of colors, for the most part awful sidequests and in general a very short game for a JRPG. It should only take between 20-25 hours to complete and the 25 hours are assuming that you try to do all sidequests.

I would disagree with the framerate issues (never suffered them) and the story FTMP, but the other two issues are justified. The game also should have let you control your other characters and given you more 'skills'.

They should have removed the online and focused more on the actual game. By that I mean allow you to change your party and controlled character, another city with more side-quests, and add more colour. That should increase the length by 10-15 hours, bring it to a respectable, if still on the short-side, 35 hours. 

By doing that, a 7.9 game would go to 9.1 in my books.  But indtead they decided to do the 'in' thing and add online to widen its appeal. Sadly, it's made the game worse and has most likely hurt sales.

OK this new chick is really annoying, she is like the Hom Hom version of Miranda Lawson. But I love Rikki, he is like the mixture of Mordin and Javik. He said smothing so funny I couldn´t stop laughing for about 10 minutes. I gotta say I love this game, haven´t even enjoxed FF XIII so much.