By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
MRKs said:
Conegamer said:

At Prison Island after 20 hours? Seems a bit quick...Prison Island is about 45% of the way through the main storyline. Took me around 35 hours to get there and finished the game at 85 hours. 

Yeah, I got that in 50hrs or so, but I did a lot of sidequest and wandering around Bionis Leg/Eryth Sea. So I don't know how many hours to get there, it was just a guesstimate :P

EDIT: Fixed, from 20~35hrs ;)

That's better

Yeah, I did a lot of swimming in Eryth Sea to find the Occipital and the Secret Area. And I did a lot of Colony 6 stuff at this point!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Question: Are Materials used for anything besides some side quests? My materials pocket is full, and other than a couple of items with "!" on them (these are for quests), I really don't know the use for them. Or are they just to be sold?

Smeags said:
Question: Are Materials used for anything besides some side quests? My materials pocket is full, and other than a couple of items with "!" on them (these are for quests), I really don't know the use for them. Or are they just to be sold?

They can be sold, and some of them are required for Colony 6. And, most importantly, trades (but collectibles are better...)

Not everything you need for quests are thrown up with a "!", sadly. But anything from early on, sell. Any small bags- sell. Leave yourself with the expensive new stuff

Right, so I just got to the Marsh again. 13 hours now. Still loving the game, and forgot how great the night-time music is...it just feels so...right...

MRKs said:

To anyone who is in the first 20hrs ~ 35hrs of the story, please wait to get to Prison Island and every moment in the story will be epic. The final part of the game is truly mindblowing, so just wait :)

Ok, Hold on here, I am only 15 hours in, and I love this game already.  You are telling me it gets MUCH better?  See I don't know if I can handle that.  I feel the sense of wonderment that I did the first time I played Earthbound.  OH man 5 o'clock can't come fast enough, SOOOOOOOO psyched to rip through some more Xenoblade.  

Thanks Operation Rainfall. 

Around the Network
Plezbo said:
MRKs said:

To anyone who is in the first 20hrs ~ 35hrs of the story, please wait to get to Prison Island and every moment in the story will be epic. The final part of the game is truly mindblowing, so just wait :)

Ok, Hold on here, I am only 15 hours in, and I love this game already.  You are telling me it gets MUCH better?  See I don't know if I can handle that.  I feel the sense of wonderment that I did the first time I played Earthbound.  OH man 5 o'clock can't come fast enough, SOOOOOOOO psyched to rip through some more Xenoblade.  

Thanks Operation Rainfall. 

That's Colony 6/ Ether Mine area, right?

You're only 10-15% of the way through the game. The areas get bigger, the music more epic, the levels more imaginitive, the sidequests more enjoyable and the story full of more twists than a helter-skelter.

Yes. The game gets much better. Reaching a peak on the arm and sword, then dropping slightly, then picking back up in the head.

Soriku said:
Smeags said:

Besides what Cone said, any materials you have in excess that don't have an "!" can be sold as they can be gotten again later easily if you need them. Most of the time though you won't need those items without an "!".

I wouldn't say that they're 'easy' to get back...I sold my Hode Planks, for example. When I needed them for the bridge, it took me over an hour to find 2. That wasn't marked for a quest, and without that, they'd be no bridge, so no tomb discovery, so no quest line, no Giant's treasure etc. All CAN be found again, though.

Materials are useful for the collection, and for quests, the collection is a thing that the initial tutorial explains to you.

Only this i will say: BIG EXP REWARDS.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
Soriku said:
Smeags said:

Besides what Cone said, any materials you have in excess that don't have an "!" can be sold as they can be gotten again later easily if you need them. Most of the time though you won't need those items without an "!".

I wouldn't say that they're 'easy' to get back...I sold my Hode Planks, for example. When I needed them for the bridge, it took me over an hour to find 2. That wasn't marked for a quest, and without that, they'd be no bridge, so no tomb discovery, so no quest line, no Giant's treasure etc. All CAN be found again, though.

You must've fought the wrong Hodes lol :P. Once I realized only some Hodes gave planks I got them a little fast. I don't remember if I had that many to begin with though, so I don't think I ever sold them. For me though, I just found things you can get lots of were OK to get rid of for the most part.

I just went around killing the Hodes in Makna as it said. I realised after a while that the hunter ones dropped then most frequently, but there's only 4 in the entire area...so it took me a while!

Still a great game though.

I think I got slightly past Prison Island before I gave up on the game. It's easily one of the games I've enjoyed playing the least, mostly because the main character (Shulk?) is incredibly annoying. He's easily the most annoying main character in a game I've played. The evil metal faced person whose name eludes me was ridiculously annoying too. And the plot so far being mostly "I want revenge on the person who killed the girl I liked" was quite horrid too.

Apart from that, it's a nice game.