By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Conan O'Brien Gives Halo 4 A Shot

Tagged games:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
So is there an official thread? Cause we are starting to see the same stuff getting recirculated throughout the couple of Halo threads here.

Not yet, but me and Millenium have some big plans for it come around E3 (any sooner and it would be too early)

I don't think it's too early, not with the type of information that's been revealed already. Definitely official thread worthy stuff here. By the time you guys have at it, we will know a bunch already.

Well we're still going to still make it around E3. I asked the opinion of a mod and we agreed that would be the best time to make it.

. you may end up with the same problem i'm having with the official Bioshock thread, if you post it this early. i'm still under 10 hits and i don't think you or YJ have posted in it.

its not done in the traditional model/format.

Well, the official Halo Reach thread started 7 months before Reach was released and that thread did ok. 7 months from now brings us to November and this is Halo 4 we're talking about here all of this news is big news to Halo fans. First ViDoc, screens, long awaited info on who the new composer is with all sorts of related videos, this is all big news and no doubt official thread worthy. Perhaps VGC has been so diluted of the 360 fan that even it's biggest franchise is being treated a little too MEH.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
So is there an official thread? Cause we are starting to see the same stuff getting recirculated throughout the couple of Halo threads here.

Not yet, but me and Millenium have some big plans for it come around E3 (any sooner and it would be too early)

I don't think it's too early, not with the type of information that's been revealed already. Definitely official thread worthy stuff here. By the time you guys have at it, we will know a bunch already.

Well we're still going to still make it around E3. I asked the opinion of a mod and we agreed that would be the best time to make it.

. you may end up with the same problem i'm having with the official Bioshock thread, if you post it this early. i'm still under 10 hits and i don't think you or YJ have posted in it.

Well, the official Halo Reach thread started 7 months before Reach was released and that thread did ok. 7 months from now brings us to November and this is Halo 4 we're talking about here all of this news is big news to Halo fans. First ViDoc, screens, long awaited info on who the new composer is with all sorts of related videos, this is all big news and no doubt official thread worthy. Perhaps VGC has been so diluted of the 360 fan that even it's biggest franchise is being treated a little too MEH.

well even as a anti Halo fan, i did enjoy Reach (but not that much, and the multiplayer was meh just like the ones before it) and strangely enough, i'm looking forward to what H4 has to offer.

i don't think it has anything to do with the fanbase dieing off, it's just other threads that have nothing to do with gaming, strangely dominate the site.YJ is right, this is a bad time for the Halo thread and the Bioshock threads, but both will shine after E3 i'm sure.

take a look at all the users that have posted in this thread so far. it's the same people over and over, and i know there are more users then this that want Halo4.

the same 5-10 users, but it will help when the official thread is finaly made, so those who have missed out,can view what they've missed.

WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Halo series is my favorite FPS seies ever and this really looks like it could be my favorite Halo.

Someone needs to make a official Halo 4 thread!!

hopefully halo does not become corridor shooter in order to achieve these gorgeous visuals

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:

well even as a anti Halo fan, i did enjoy Reach (but not that much, and the multiplayer was meh just like the ones before it) and strangely enough, i'm looking forward to what H4 has to offer.

i don't think it has anything to do with the fanbase dieing off, it's just other threads that have nothing to do with gaming, strangely dominate the site.YJ is right, this is a bad time for the Halo thread and the Bioshock threads, but both will shine after E3 i'm sure.

take a look at all the users that have posted in this thread so far. it's the same people over and over, and i know there are more users then this that want Halo4.

the same 5-10 users, but it will help when the official thread is finaly made, so those who have missed out,can view what they've missed.

That's cool and I'm not looking for a fight here. It just seems like Halo 4 being bigger and more important that Reach should have an official thread started AT LEAST within the same timeframe in relation to when the game comes out as Reach did.  I'm not buying any reasoning that I've heard yet as to why this shouldn't be the case.

That being said, it is what it is and I'm still stoked for ther game even if I'm gonna have to view 20 different threads between now and E3 to get the latest dope ;)

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:

That's cool and I'm not looking for a fight here. It just seems like Halo 4 being bigger and more important that Reach should have an official thread started AT LEAST within the same timeframe in relation to when the game comes out as Reach did.  I'm not buying any reasoning that I've heard yet as to why this shouldn't be the case.

That being said, it is what it is and I'm still stoked for ther game even if I'm gonna have to view 20 different threads between now and E3 to get the latest dope ;)

fight!! not in this thread lol, just healthy convo., but we are all here in this thread for one reason, and that's to share what we find on Halo4. eventhough i'm no fan, i'm the op, so it's my job to make sure this thread continues for those who love this game. i'd love to see the official thread get made but i don't want what's happening to me and CGI's official threads to happen to Halo4.

i'd like to see the official Halo 4 thread explode with content, and that will happen if it's made the wk before E3 with everything we have in here, and i'll be one of the first people posting in that thread.

let your hard work speak for its self, cause when the official thread is made, you'll have your work cut out for you. just be happy you'll have provided, most of what will build the thread before it's made.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
toadslayer72 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
toadslayer72 said:

fight!! not in this thread lol, just healthy convo., but we are all here in this thread for one reason, and that's to share what we find on Halo4. eventhough i'm no fan, i'm the op, so it's my job to make sure this thread continues for those who love this game. i'd love to see the official thread get made but i don't want what's happening to me and CGI's official threads to happen to Halo4.

i'd like to see the official Halo 4 thread explode with content, and that will happen if it's made the wk before E3 with everything we have in here, and i'll be one of the first people posting in that thread.

let your hard work speak for its self, cause when the official thread is made, you'll have your work cut out for you. just be happy you'll have provided, most of what will build the thread before it's made.

I applaude you for the effort especially as a non fan. One other thing I forgot to say earlier in response to your comment about the amount of people in this thread being the same few people. My answer to that would be because it's not the official thread. I remember the Halo fans coming into the Reach thread early on just to support it. 

As far as your Bioshock thread, and this is no knock on Bioshock because I loved the first one, but Bioshock is not to either platform what Halo is to the 360. I don't know what CGI's thread is about but if it's not on the same level (biggest franchise on any given console) then same goes for that as well. That's my whole point, the magnitude of the game we are talking about in relationship to the console it's on. When it comes to the 360 Halo is it, it's 360's Mario, I mean everyone knows that.

It's cool though, I know YJ is a Halo fanboy like me so I trust that when the official goes up, it will be good. I guess I just can't get over the idea that Halo 4, return of the Chief, first 343 Halo, doesn't have a home, as in ONE home, for any and all news as it breaks the same way Reach did.

^^ Some more reasons why we're going to wait a while is because it's going to take a while to make the thread to our high standards and there probably won't be much more info for Halo 4 until around E3.

yo_john117 said:
^^ Some more reasons why we're going to wait a while is because it's going to take a while to make the thread to our high standards and there probably won't be much more info for Halo 4 until around E3.

That's cool but I wouldn't bet on that not much more information before E3 part.