By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: PS4 specs to go "toe-to-toe" with the Xbox 720, and rumored PS4 screenshot.

Even two 6670/7670 would be disappointing.

The 6670/7670 is about as strong as a 9800 GTX.

4 of them would be ok tho.

Around the Network

so umm...

would these specs be able to run the samaritan demo??

ethomaz said:
Kynes said:
ethomaz said:

There are some misc in the article...

• The card is OpenGL 4.1 compatible (PS4 will use it instead DirectX 11)
  • HD 7670 and HD 6670 specs (same hardware, just other name): 
    • 800 MHz engine clock
    • 512MB-1GB GDDR5 memory
    • 1000 MHz memory clock (4.0 Gbps GDDR5)
    • 64 GB/s memory bandwidth
    • 768 GFLOPS Single Precision compute power
    • 480 Stream Processing Units
    • 24 Texture Units
    • 32 Z/Stencil ROP Units
    • 8 Color ROP Units

To make  comparsion with the X360/PS3 GPU I just can say the the X360's Xenos have 48 Stream Processing Units clocked at 500Mhz... so these GPU are at least 10x more powerful (there are another variables of course).

48 5D units, so 240 "shaders" in total. Nowhere near 10x more powerful.

Ohhhhhh... it's true... so 2x more "shaders" @ 800Mhz... ~3.2x more powerful???

Not necessarily, it doesn't really  like that, but a rough estimate is ~5x more powerful with guestimates.(all things final)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

enditall727 said:
so umm...

More properly is will it run Unreal Engine 4(?) And yes, but not at the quality it was presented in with the gtx580s or 680 setup.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
enditall727 said:
so umm...

More properly is will it run Unreal Engine 4(?) And yes, but not at the quality it was presented in with the gtx580s or 680 setup.

oh so the original Samaritan demo was presented with a gtx580/680 setup graphics card or whatever?

i didn't know that(even though i dont know shit about graphics cards) lol

Around the Network

I think we are all just being trolled hard. Let's try to force our hands from clicking on "Next Gen" stuff until E3. Or is that impossible?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

The screenshot does look very familiar... mysterious~!
If it is from PS4 then I applaud Sony at not over doing it. (Based of this one pic.)

enditall727 said:
Solid-Stark said:
enditall727 said:
so umm...

oh so the original Samaritan demo was presented with a gtx580/680 setup graphics card or whatever?

i didn't know that(even though i dont know shit about graphics cards) lol

To run the Samaritan demo, Epic needed 3x580 in SLI which would be like 2x680 in SLI.

At this years GDC Epic showed it again, but only needed 1 card, according to Nvidia. That card is, presumably, the "real" 680 (GK110) or the future 780.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I really hope they have better GPUs.

Would it really be that expensive? 360 was a fairly high-end system back in 05/06, and it launched at an affordable price. 

I kinda want aanouncements at E3 now, I don't want 5 threads a day about next-gen rumours for another year.