By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Target holds PS Vita accessory clearance

Tagged games:

http://news.punchjump.com/2012/04/02/target-holds-ps-vita-accessory-clearance/

Target Corp. this week began a clearance sale for an accessory product for Sony Corp.’s Playstation Vita five weeks after launch of the handheld in the U.S.

This week, Target clearanced the PS Vita AC Adapter accessory by 30 percent to $10.48, down from the $14.99 MSRP.

Other PS Vita accessories including memory cards and carrying cases held a regular price.

The PS Vita, which sells in a Wi-Fi SKU at $249.99 and a 3G SKU at $299.99, has sold 1.2 million units at global retail since late Feb.

The new handheld continues to struggle in the Japan market with sales totaling half the units of the PSP hardware in the latest data from Media Create Co.

The PS Vita’s best-selling launch title, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ranked in the top 20 U.S. game sales in Feb. post launch according to NPD Group Inc.

(In case you're wondering, I think this article is extremely stupid. That's the only reason I'm posting it. It's ridiculous how far people will go...)

Around the Network

well I guess that means that most vita buyers are not stupid enough to not lose their power supply with in hours of purchase,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a surprise those aren't selling, who would really need a replacement cord this early in the game? Chances or they'd break the Vita first if they break stuff that fast. Target either should not have stocked those or continue to hold on to them until they actually have demand. Clearencing them shouldnt have much effect because that item is on a need by need basis. Sounds like poor management.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

You think that's something? I got Nintendogs for like $8 last year at Best Buy! 3DS is doomed!

I may buy one at that price, though. I have three 3DS chargers (one is a DSi charger, though). One for the cradle, one for work, and one for when I'm playing online at home. I can find something to do with a spare Vita charger.

Lol @ clearance on accessor(ies)

Around the Network

So a lowered price on the only product the system comes with in box = clearance sale on vita accessory? That's funny.

4 ≈ One

kowenicki said:
very odd. why would you stock spare power leads at this early stage?

surely accessories are a slow burner?

they need to sack their buyers.

The silver lining is that it means a lot of the people who are on this site are more qualified to make game related decisions than others. In the future, a lot of these forumgoers may have a place in game-related positions. Gaming is still in its childhood, and a lot of people still don't understand how the market works.