By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announce Massive Vita Pricecuts for Start of New FY

Tokyo, April 1, 2012 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announce plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable PlayStation®Vita line to $179.99 (¥17,999/€180) for the Wi-Fi version and $229 (¥20,000/€230) for the 3G enabled system in the United States, as new games based on some of the world's most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested retail price of $249.99/$299 and effective April 2, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong Year for the system.

"For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Vita, this is a huge motivation to buy now," said SCEA CEO Jack Tretton. "We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a PlayStation Vita, from an amazing, competitive new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games not available on the lesser competing platforms."

PlayStation Vita is set to have the strongest software lineup of any portable videogame system this Year and the new price now opens up the next-gen portable gaming experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of current releases, Vita is only getting stronger. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention  arrives on Apr. 17, followed by a swift release schedule including hit franchises - Mortal Kombat™, Resistance™, Madagascar and LittleBigPlanet™. Vita has games for all consumers and Sony look forward to leading the industry into the new generation of portable gaming hardware.

Well... I didn't see this coming so soon. Did you guys? Might actually pick one up at this price...

Around the Network

Still in the same ballpark with pezus and zero129.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

April fool?

Wow. Well, I mean maybe I shouldn't be surprised as this is exactly what Nintendo did with the same price points. I just wonder which one is more expensive to produce.

well there u go.

Around the Network

Fuck yeah! The Vita is saved, and the 3DS is gonna get fucked up the asshole so hard!

Ah, nice joke! I was fooled! Man, do you know how many people would trolling and furious if this true, I mean my god!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

badgenome said:

Fuck yeah! The Vita is saved, and the 3DS is gonna get fucked up the asshole so hard!

Fixed that one for you.

If they annouce it,I don't think they will do it in april 's foolday.

Anyway,nice joke,make me LOL.

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

Fixed that one for you.

Oh man. Oh wow.