By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking about getting a Vita, concerned about the memory cards.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62028667?page=1

Here's a thread where one of the guys a few posts in had the exact same problem. Now that i think about it, the demo's sound cut out on me, too. I didn't really care because I was at work and the guy next to me was watching a movie. Anyway, I'm not alone.  Really, I gues s the problem is with the Unit 13 demo and nothing to do with the Vita or its memory cards.

Around the Network

Sounds like you'll be fine with an 8GB.

4 ≈ One

d21lewis said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
BasilZero said:
d21lewis said:
You wanna know something weird? I downloaded the demo for Unit 13 and I wound up not really liking it. I tried to delete it and free up the space on my 32gb card (I have a few movies on their a couple of games, and maybe 10 PSP games) and the Vita wouldn't let me delete it!! Only when I had an internet connection did it finally work. Since that was the only time I tried to delete something from my Vita, I wonder if that's always going to be the case. I honestly don't know.

I think it has to do something with the fact that Sony forces people to use a online service to transfer files between a PC and the system, guess it involves deleting a file as well.

Uhh what? You just need to install a program on your PC so you can transfer files. 

d21lewis, was there some kind of error message that popped up? Weird how it wouldn't let you delete something. I haven't deleted anything before either so I tried testing it just now and deleted the Fireworks AR game and it worked fine.

OP, basically what others have said. Those games don't take that much room so get a smaller card to start off with and hopefully they will drop in price later.

Yeah, there was an error message.  Got it repeatedly, actually.  As soon as I got home (I tried deleting it at work, yesterday), my VIta logged into the net and all was well, again.  Maybe it was a fluke.  I can Google it, though.  I'm sure I'm not the only one its ever happened to.  And, even if that is the case (which, obviously it isn't), it's not that big of a deal because the only way to put content on the card is to have an internet connection or have a PC.  It just bothered me that I couldn't delte the data right then and there.

Well even though it is a problem with the game, the Vita does just love being on the internet, it keeps telling me off for having my wi-fi turned off

As for the OP, I would reccomend 4-8GB depending on whether you want to put films on it. I would reccomend against downloading big games anyway, as you either need to download them on a PS3, or keep your Vita's screen on for many hours (otherwise wi-fi switches off). If you do change your mind, I am sure memory card prices will drop in the next few years, then you can just have the old one as a back up to your 32GB one! (well that is what I am planning, especially as the 32GB card isn't out in the UK at all)

I think there's a third party memory card available now. If not now, there will be soon. I was on the Gamestop rewards site adding my new games to my profile and there was a mention of a third party card. Maybe it is/will be a lot cheaper.  *Looked it up.  I'm not entirely convinced it even exists, now*  Here's the copy/paste:

32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card for , by MadCatz

Add Game To:

I say go get a 4 gig card, then wait a few months or so till the china memory cards come rolling out.

Around the Network

Just wait til used cards hit, save yourself some money. Memory cards don't need to be brand new, full MSRP.

8GB is perfect if you don't mind transferring games. 16GB is the best value for money I'd imagine.

Hmm I'm seeing a lot of 4GB-8GB suggestions, I'm debating getting the Vita starter pack that comes with a 4GB Memory Card, Screen Protectors, Carrying Case and Headphones and that costs around $40. Has anyone gotten this pack? Do you think it's worth it? I know it's probably a good idea to have screen protectors cause of how much you touch the screen and a case isn't a bad idea either.

I would assume most games coming out will need a memory card to save. and maybe future mmo titles. I got a 16gb card yesterday, because I also want to put music and movies on that lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I personally hate switching memory card so I just got the 32GB for $100. Never going to worry about space for games ever again.