By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking about getting a Vita, concerned about the memory cards.

I really want a vita but I'm concerned about the memory cards, most of my games will be physical copies but there will be some I'd like to download (Plants vs Zombies, Super StarDust Delta, maybe Escape plan) I do not want to pay $99 for a 32GB card but 4GB seems so small. Can anyone who has a vita and memory cards tell give me some suggestions?  I don't plan on taking up space with music or pictures because the space is too valuable. 

Around the Network

the games you mentioned are small in size i recommend a 8 or 16gb card you can also swap the stuff you have on the memory card

If you are planning to buy mostly physical copies, you are in luck. The games you are thinking of downloading will be fairly small (super stardust delta is 250mb, Escape Plan is around 500mb). I'd say buy a 4gb now and wait until the prices drop (they will) to buy a bigger one. That's what I'm doing and it's worked for me. I have Motorstorm RC, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, 150 songs (I had to cut down my library), 2 demos and 2 minis on one 4gb card and I have 500mb left to use.

Thanks for the feedback, I was also wondering if any of the current physical games require installs? I'm looking at Uncharted, Gravity Rush, ect.

nope none require installs. but uncharted requires a memorycard to save

Around the Network
Saruk said:
Thanks for the feedback, I was also wondering if any of the current physical games require installs? I'm looking at Uncharted, Gravity Rush, ect.

No. I have Uncharted: GA (physical copy) and it does require a memory card, but it's only for saving so it takes up practically nothing.

You wanna know something weird? I downloaded the demo for Unit 13 and I wound up not really liking it. I tried to delete it and free up the space on my 32gb card (I have a few movies on their a couple of games, and maybe 10 PSP games) and the Vita wouldn't let me delete it!! Only when I had an internet connection did it finally work. Since that was the only time I tried to delete something from my Vita, I wonder if that's always going to be the case. I honestly don't know.

BasilZero said:
d21lewis said:
You wanna know something weird? I downloaded the demo for Unit 13 and I wound up not really liking it. I tried to delete it and free up the space on my 32gb card (I have a few movies on their a couple of games, and maybe 10 PSP games) and the Vita wouldn't let me delete it!! Only when I had an internet connection did it finally work. Since that was the only time I tried to delete something from my Vita, I wonder if that's always going to be the case. I honestly don't know.

I think it has to do something with the fact that Sony forces people to use a online service to transfer files between a PC and the system, guess it involves deleting a file as well.

Uhh what? You just need to install a program on your PC so you can transfer files. 

d21lewis, was there some kind of error message that popped up? Weird how it wouldn't let you delete something. I haven't deleted anything before either so I tried testing it just now and deleted the Fireworks AR game and it worked fine.

OP, basically what others have said. Those games don't take that much room so get a smaller card to start off with and hopefully they will drop in price later.

TheKoreanGuy said:
BasilZero said:
d21lewis said:

I think it has to do something with the fact that Sony forces people to use a online service to transfer files between a PC and the system, guess it involves deleting a file as well.

Uhh what? You just need to install a program on your PC so you can transfer files. 

d21lewis, was there some kind of error message that popped up? Weird how it wouldn't let you delete something. I haven't deleted anything before either so I tried testing it just now and deleted the Fireworks AR game and it worked fine.

OP, basically what others have said. Those games don't take that much room so get a smaller card to start off with and hopefully they will drop in price later.

yeah not sure what basil is saying either :S

and yea I played and deleted the demo for Unit 13 as well without a hassle..and iirc I didn't have it connected to the net either.

and as everyone has said, it's not a big deal and good deals for cards will come soon enough. I have a 4GB card and have one physical game, two DL games, and bunch of demos etc. I still have enough room left for a game. If you could just get a 8gb to be safe as there are many good dl only games.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

TheKoreanGuy said:
BasilZero said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah, there was an error message.  Got it repeatedly, actually.  As soon as I got home (I tried deleting it at work, yesterday), my VIta logged into the net and all was well, again.  Maybe it was a fluke.  I can Google it, though.  I'm sure I'm not the only one its ever happened to.  And, even if that is the case (which, obviously it isn't), it's not that big of a deal because the only way to put content on the card is to have an internet connection or have a PC.  It just bothered me that I couldn't delte the data right then and there.