By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 Exclusive! Inevitable GOTY 2012, step aside Naughty Dog!

Tokyo Jungle is the  brainchild of the industry-changing Playstation CAMP initiative held in Japan in 2008, where Sony recruited the hottest new talent in the industry for unique, innovative new approaches to gaming.

In a near-future Japan, humans have disappeared inexplicably, and so the player must play as one of fifty different animal breeds, searching for the explanation of the calamity event. 

You will be playing as everything from a bunny rabbit to a Pomeranian dog to a hippo to a velociraptor. To ensure optimal competitive balance, the smaller animals will form packs against larger aggressors. 

To further expand the ground breaking experience, players will be able to customize their animals with 4 different clothing items, including hats, shoes, shirts and collars. Want a kawaii schoolgirl velociraptor? WELL YOU FUCKING GOT IT, SON.

The game has today been confirmed for a European release on twitter, and a North American release seems inevtiable considering the sheer pedigree behind this title. 

http://andriasang.com/con0cm/tokyo_jungle_stuff/

Wanna lead a band of cute as hell chicks against that baka velociraptor? No fucking problem. 

Around the Network

Hot new video of Tokyo Jungle!

forget cod, gears, halo and uncharted, real cool guys play this. lol

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Oh god lol, seems like the kind of game I would get from the bargain bin as a kid because of how crazy it looks.

I just love one of the youtube comments:

"Once I've finished this game, my life will be complete"

Around the Network

... Shit just got real people!

Not sure if this is even serious, but in case it is I might have to pick this up just for the sheer wtf?! side of the game.

RolStoppable said:
If this is indeed the brainchild of the hottest talent in Japan, then that would perfectly explain why Japan (excluding Nintendo) is drifting towards irrelevance.

lol tell me this will be released outside of Japan

Naughty Dog didn't win GOTY  2011 , except from VGchartz and a couple of other unknown PS3 biased sites (Good riddance I say , Uncharted 3 didn't deserve it)

logic56 said:
RolStoppable said:
If this is indeed the brainchild of the hottest talent in Japan, then that would perfectly explain why Japan (excluding Nintendo) is drifting towards irrelevance.

lol tell me this will be released outside of Japan

The game is confirmed for an EU release! 

Millenium said:
... Shit just got real people!

Not sure if this is even serious, but in case it is I might have to pick this up just for the sheer wtf?! side of the game.

The funny thing is people think I'm joking. I mean, holy shit, I can lead my band of customized chicklets against a Japanese velociraptor, how is this not a day one buy. 

Hey offtopic, but ...

Rumor: Next generation of Kotaku only be able to run articles about cosplay, will not be backwards compatible with old articles about games " 

http://kotaku.com/kotakucore 

Kinda true