By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

^ Definitely agree, Life of Pi was great on the projector, great eye candy.

I watched The castle of Cagliostro today. Blast from the past, perfect sunday morning cartoon.
It looked like an old tv broadcast too, 4:3 letter boxed on the dvd with scratches, hairs and the cue marks for the projectionist left in, and that old stereo sound. I guess I still have some nostalgia in me for the days before blu-ray and movie restorations.

I wanted to watch Porco Rosso next, but I see I've never bought it, only rented it. I guess I should wait for the blu-ray instead of spending $30 on the dvd and buying it again later. July 17th it comes out in Japan, could still be a year and a half before Disney brings it here :/

It looks like my favorite, Princess Mononoke, continues to be done over here.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=178744
Still no word on a renewed license and it seems Amazon is dumping the remaining stock. Currently $5.99 on Amazon.ca while the other studio ghibli dvds are all $26 and over. I'll import the Japanese version when it comes out, $85 is the going rate though ugh.

Around the Network

Well I caved in already, ordered Porco Rosso on DVD. With Disney's reputation my kids will be in grade school before they get to see it. Also ordered a new copy of Mononoke, $6 for a backup copy is a steal.

Tonight I'll watch big trouble in little China.

Yojimbo (1961) Akira Kurosawa

Best thing about this movie is that it doesn't take itself too seriously and still is one of the best movies ever made. I never thought that almost 2hours in a small village could be so interesting..will include in my next top50 list of all time..last time I forgot lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

^ That was Kljesta, he got my attention to watch it again.

It is my 2nd viewing but first was a couple decades ago :)
At first I hardly recognized the movie, it looks so different on blu-ray then the cropped to screen vhs version I saw so long ago. The unrestored original featurette and deleted scenes looked more familiar.
The main feature looks like a new movie and the music got a wonderful upgrade too. Yet those gun sounds are hilarious by today's standards. It's still great fun, wonderful action comedy. I wish we had more of these nowadays instead of all those too serious superhero movies.

Btw I could have sworn that Jack Burton and Jack Colton from Romancing the stone are played by the same actor, but that's Michael Douglas oops.

I just watched Porco Rosso again. There are so many things to like in this movie, story telling at it's finest. At multiple points in the movie I completely forget that I'm watching a cartoon, well done.

finally ST TNG season 4

season 3 was a pain in the....best episode "the offspring" I almost cried lol

again I tried to watch peeping tom and eraserhead and I couldnt,,im not in the mood I guess

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I have just watched "Man of Steel" and don´t really know what to think about it

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

What do you mean? Too long? Too much CGI? Better than you thought?

And what is 4D? Just noticed my local theater has "This is the End" in 4K....

I don´t know

Its the best Superman movie but that doesn´t say much. I don´t know I´ll have to think a bit more about it.

kljesta64 said:
finally ST TNG season 4

season 3 was a pain in the....best episode "the offspring" I almost cried lol

again I tried to watch peeping tom and eraserhead and I couldnt,,im not in the mood I guess

I wonder what happens when Space HD catches up to the blu-ray releases, season 4 isn't out until July 30th and there seems to be 3 or 4 months in between the blu-ray releases. At 5 episodes a week they, Space HD only takes 5 weeks per season. I have trouble keeping up with my pvr rewatching the series. About 12 more weeks until season 4.

I couple days ago I watched the big goodbye, Picard plays a Dixon Hill on the upgraded holodeck. They are pretty lax with accidents in the future. 'Red shirt' guy that tags along gets shot and almost dies while they're stuck inside, but in the end they all agree it was a great experience... In plenty episodes the holodeck proves to be quite a liability, that thing would never see the light of day in our lawsuit happy society :)

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:

What do you mean? Too long? Too much CGI? Better than you thought?

And what is 4D? Just noticed my local theater has "This is the End" in 4K....

This is the end and After earth were shot and mastered in 4K. (4096x2160)
However After earth (apart from sucking) still has all the cgi rendered in 2K, then upscaled to 4k.

This is the end was shot in Redcode RAW (5K) with a Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format)
I guess your theater has a 4K projector and access to the 4K release. Tell me if you see the difference if you go :)

@svennoj hollow pursuit is my favorite holodeck episode I think nothing was real it was all holodeck but im not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO7wE8snf2E

through the wormhole S4 episode 1,2,3,4 I have to say its a disaster nothing really interesting but im not givin up hope still 6 more episodes to go

Tsubasa Ozora