By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Saw these sometime in the last week or two. 

Django Unchained: Was bit skeptical about the movie for no reason. Acting was great specially Christoph Waltz. Movie could have been bit shorter as it is almost 3 hours but not really a big complaint. Definitely recommended.

Zero Dark Thirty: It is not the kind of movie you watch for raw entertainment but more so because it has documentary type storytelling of an important time in history. The movie itself has a semi documentary type format where it shows what and how the progress was made to capture Bin Laden over the last decade. The main actress is quite good. My complaint would be that the first half hour or so felt weak and uncomfortable but i guess it could be intended to be. Also the climax is bit delayed. Recommended if you are into the subject matter. 

Argo: Another semi documentary style movie based on true story. The casting and script is really well done. I really didn't like Ben Affleck as an actor back in days but since he has turned into a director. Both his acting and direction are top notch and he handles the movie really well. It's a simple story and you know what happened but yet you'll feel such tension in certain scenes. Strongly recommended. 

Enjoy. 

Around the Network

Has anybody watched the movie "Moon" yet?

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:

Yep. I was surprised. Great movie, very well acted and an interesting premise.

yeah the movie had an awesome premise but it was a bit to slow. I still prefer Source Code

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:

Yep. I was surprised. Great movie, very well acted and an interesting premise.

yeah the movie had an awesome premise but it was a bit to slow. I still prefer Source Code

I have not seen Source Code. Are they comparable? o.O

Not at all. I just compared them because it is the same director. Source Code is Highly recommendable

I can't believe the last time that I was in this thread was over 659 posts ago...

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I can't believe the last time that I was in this thread was over 659 posts ago...

Maybe some day someone will make a movie of this amazing feat of yours good sire!

I don't know how not being in this thread for such a long time is an amazing feat. Are you trying to say that this thread is bad and it's good that I stayed away from it for such a long time?

Has anyone seen Mama yet? How scary is it? (Take into the fact that I hate scary movies. )

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Has anyone seen Mama yet? How scary is it? (Take into the fact that I hate scary movies. )

Why is your avatar so mean? Axumblade saw it and enjoyed it.

My avatar isn't mean! She's just... questioning.

Best Eddie Murphy is The Nutty Professor 2 when it comes to live action movies and Shrek 2 when it comes to animated movies.

Pitch Perfect was actually pretty funny!