By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
AndrewWK said:
RedInker said:
spurgeonryan said:
Scary4Eva said:
I went to see The Hobbit again yesterday. It was just as great the second time.

Even though it is three hours long I saw it again as well. Lots of movies are pushing 2.5hours these days. Thought it was wonderful now that I saw the whole thing without interruptions. Rented Dredd and Ted today from Rebox. Worried about Dress, but only a little. The DvD and BluRay are not selling well from what I can see.

Whats Dredd like Spurge? I wanted to see it at the cinima but missed it.

Awesome

Cool. Will have to try and see this film soon My brother used to get the comics and I would read them. Used to love the over the top violence. Hope thats what the film is like. Will have an action packed weekend and watch The Expendables 2.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Have you seen The Expendables 2 yet?

Not yet. Loved the first one I mean the story wasnt great but it was all about the action. Great to see all the action stars in one place. Whats the sequel like?

saw last night the new jackie chan movie called chinese zodiac 6/10

nothing compares to hes late 80s and earlie 90s movies

i just hope he comes back once more and do it right this time :*D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

coolest movie of the year probably even more years hahaa

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I recently watched Looper, Sherlock holmes Game of shadows and The artist.

The first two were very entertaining yet the last one captivated me most. I had it lying around for a long time cause I thought it would be disappointing and overrated. I was wrong, it drew me in more then I expected.

Looper was good but the Al Capone style mafia didn't fit for me. All the blunderbuss, gat man, kid blue stuff was only distracting imo.

Game of shadows was simply a great action movie, better then the first one which was good too. I would love to see another sequel with different locations again.

Around the Network

Hmm I'll lower my expectations for Frankenweenie. The blu-ray already arrived in the mail.
It got mixed reviews, some say it's Tim Burton at his best again before he started pandering to a wider audience. Some just find it average. Anyway it's Tim Burton, enough to get my interest.

I just finished watching the Criterion collection edition of the last emperor. What a great film, a true masterpiece. I'm able to appreciate it a lot better now I'm older and understand a lot more about world history. It certainly didn't make the same impact on me as a teenager. Very touching movie.
The last time I watched it, it was also formatted to fit a 4:3 frame. What barbaric times those were :) It looks stunning at it's 2:1 aspect ratio.

django uncheined

good acting almost 3 hours and it doesn get boring but does not mean the story is good just good acting...didnt like the action scenes where body parts are getting blown away :S

Tsubasa Ozora

ohh my god I have to watch Argo.

I just watched John Carpenter's Escape from LA. I vaguely remember seeing escape from NY a couple of decades ago, many years before I played MGS. So I was completely surprised to see Solid Snake in action. Hideo Kojima must really love John Carpenter, Solid Snake is pretty much a carbon copy of Snake Plissken. He even found a voice actor to sound like him.

The movie itself was good action comedy. The cartoony special effects, 80's vibe and 90's vision of 2013 were great, if you're into old B movies. I love that we should have holodeck projection and perfect holograms nowadays, yet still use big analog push buttons and 14" crt tubes. Instead of cell phones we all have universal 9 button remotes with 1" program discs that can do anything with a 3 number code. Yet beneath all the silly stuff it still poses interesting questions about freedom.

One of the better B-movies I have seen lately. 5.5 on imdb seems a bit harsh. Underrated imo. I lean closer to a 7.

I have watched Crash yesterday, and that was a very very good movie. I highly recommend it