By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
RedInker said:
pezus said:
RedInker said:
Need ideas of what to watch tonight.

Out of everything?

Ive settled on the Wrestler.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Around the Network

Why is Moonrise Kingdom on the poll? Is it any good and when was it released. And WTH why is John Carter on the poll it was an average movie at best.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Now we are watching Con-Air again. Barf!

Whats wrong with Con Air? Its a great film.

I watched Limitless last night. A good action thriller with some nice twists and an interesting (although nonsense) premise. It kept me entertained.

Today I watched Moonrise kingdom. Wow what a great movie.

I didn't do any research before buying the movie, just the title and a short description were enough. First thing I thought when it started was, this must be by the director of the Royal Tennenbaums. Turned out to be right.
It also reminded me a bit of Mifune.

I love the Wes Anderson seems to give a big middle finger to 3D. Most of the movie conists of 90 degree angle shots with the lighting manipulated to make it as 2D as possible. Almost like a 2D side scroller. Beautifully done.

The pacing is perfect, as is the delivery of the story. Great movie that makes you feel all warm inside. This is my favorite of the year now. These kind of discoveries are the reason why I continue to watch movies.

Yep, that was a fun movie. Seems Bill Murry is in all his movies.

I watched Life aquatic because it was a Wes Anderson movie, not knowing it was his when I started Moonrise Kingdom made it all the better. Moonrise kingdom is my favorite of his now, Tennenbaums is a very close 2nd.

I haven't seen The Darjeeling limited yet. $41 for the blu-ray ugh. Maybe I'll cave in and get a dvd instead :/

Around the Network

i watched lakeview terrance,redlights,alex cross and magic mike all in one day,yesterday. Lakeview terrance was okay,the rest of those movies pretty much sucked.

spurgeonryan said:
oldschoolfool said:
i watched lakeview terrance,redlights,alex cross and magic mike all in one day,yesterday. Lakeview terrance was okay,the rest of those movies pretty much sucked.

So it is true what they say? Alex Cross is no good? Perry does not look the part. They wanted a strong Black Man to handle the part that Morgan Freeman could still probably do. It was a good idea to give him a shot, but the trailers did not convince me. How was Fox?

fox was good with what he was given,but the problem was the script and the writing. Edward burns acting was just laughable. The movie just did'nt suck you in emotionally and it was very short. It's like the director went off a check list and directed from that. The movie was really predictable and it tried to throw somthing at you toward the end,but you could see it coming from a mile away. I could go on forever about what's wrong with the movie,but I won't.

Watched Hope Springs last night. What was I thinking? That shit's like "50 shades of grey", but for old people.

Saw Frankenweenie last week, that was much more enjoyable.

Waiting for Lincoln, this may be my favourite.

As for your polling options, I enjoyed TDKR and MIB3. Didn't care for the Avengers (started watching it, got bored, watched something else). Haven't seen any of the others.

spurgeonryan said:

That movie does not compute with me. I cannot even imagine watching it ever.

DO you like superHero movies in General?

Hit and miss. I don't either automatically like or dislike a movie because it's a superhero flick.

I'm not a fan of movies which are 90% special effects. It's not really special, anymore. That was my problem with the Avengers.

I finally had the house for myself for a bit to watch The Avengers at cinema level sound volume. The sound effects were pretty good but the movie itself wasn't worth the wait.
The opening scene and the Hulk loose on the air ship were the best parts, the rest was all pretty average. It was a shame the Hulk fell off the ship so soon and then the ship didn't even crash, disappointing.

It didn't help that the story was so simple, unstoppable force threatening to destroy Earth, which turns out to be easily stoppable with the ending copied straight from ID4.

At least the Hulk and Thor were entertaining. I didn't care much for the rest.
I used the 1.5x speed with sound option in the end to keep myself from nodding off.