By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

A Mad Max without Gison will be a Bad Max!

Around the Network

I just watched The Island again. Despite all the Michael Bay nonsense it was still very enjoyable the 2nd time around. Great idea for a modern take on Logan's run.
It would have been better with a bigger focus on the first and last part of the movie instead of the long drawn out unbelievable chase sequence in between. It does spoil the surprise a bit early, movies like The Others, The Village and The Sixth Sense do a better job at building up to the big twist.

I also watched Just friends recently, a decent comedy. Got a few laughs, not watch again material though.

And I'm halfway through In Bruges and Pirate radio. Pirate radio is pretty good, mostly because the music from the 60's rocks. In Bruges is a slow burner. The best part is the dialogue, the worst part is the mumbling, no subtitles for this one on Netflix and a fussy baby talking through the movie. At least a 10 month old shouldn't pick up on all the swearing yet.

I loved In Bruges to add to the previous discussion, haven't been cinema in a while, was thinking of doing a two movie marathon when the Dark knight Rises comes out, will wait a few days cos I know it'll be PACKED, been meaning to see Avengers and Thor. But lately have watched Rock N Rolla, V for Vendetta, Napoleon Dynamite, Bucket List and Dont Let him(Which is awful, but this girl likes scary movies, so she made me watch it).

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

How come there isn't a pic of Willow in the op?

My brother and his girlfriend went to see the recent Madea movie... I'm so happy I didn't go. xD

Around the Network

Ah V for Vendetta, I want to watch that again. I have some digging to do in my dvd section :)

Is anyone else watching Continuum? It's pretty interesting so far.
A group of freedom fighters / terrorists try to undermine the rule by corporations after the governments have failed and have been bought up by corporations. At their execution for blowing up the council together with 30k people they manage to escape to the past and drag a protector (cop) with them.
I like it since it's not simply bad vs good. The terrorists fight to stop the totalitarian society from emerging again but seem incapable to think beyond starting a war to do this. The protector tries to protect the future and simply wants to find a way back home to her family, but uses questionable methods in doing so. A bit of a female Jack Bauer with futuristic gadgets.

Saw The Amazing Spiderman last night and for me it was just mediocre. Sony absolutely should have sold the rights back to marvel/disney. Didn't bring anything new to the table. 3D was used effectively for about 1 minute(those first person scenes were spectacular). Performances were average apart from Dennis Leary & Martin Sheen, who I found unbearable. The music was terrible.
Still, at least it isn't anywhere near as bad as a transformers movie...now that is a trilogy of cinematic abortions!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Continuum is pretty good and improving as it goes along.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Just watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World, not quite sure what the fuck I just watched.. But it was decent I guess, although I can't stand Cera for his previous performances.. It wasn't too bad.

pezus said:
NotStan said:
Just watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World, not quite sure what the fuck I just watched.. But it was decent I guess, although I can't stand Cera for his previous performances.. It wasn't too bad.

Have you seen Arrested Development? That role fits him so well.

Nah I'll check it out, but what I've seen before hasn't really left such a great impression, maybe Superbad being the only other exception where I found him tolerable. Or maybe he's so good at playing a character, I learn to hate the characters rather than the actor!?