By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Movie Quiz Game 3D

Another in line of high quality games for iOS and Android has been released by Webelinx, called Movie Quiz Game 3D, a game created for challenging movie knowledge and testing racing capabilities simultaneously. A unique blend of a quiz and a racing game provided by this excellent time killer guarantees entertainment for hours. The game is suitable for players of any age group.

iOS link - http://bit.ly/Movie_Quiz_Game_3D

Android link - http://bit.ly/MovieQuizGame_3D

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/MovieQuizGame3D

Around the Network

Is anyone else here watching the BBC sherlock TV show?

I watched the first 2 'seasons' on Netflix (if you can call 3 episodes a season), was rather good.
What season are they at now? I switched to Elementary, comes on a bit more often :)

Godzilla 2000

this is atleast for me the most interesting godzilla UFO vs Godzilla lol sounds stupid but its pretty awesome

I need to watch more im in the mood since the latest trailer of the new Godzilla movie...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

@ SR

YES! tonight its Godzilla Final Wars looks more like a power ranger movie...lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I have all three turtle movies on VHS working perfectly and on my computer I love them ..I watched them literally everyday as a kid with pizza of course :*D

Tsubasa Ozora

Last week I watched The girl with the dragon tattoo. I finished the Millenium trilogy books a few weeks earlier and still had the movie on my to watch list.

The casting for Lisbeth Salandar is not bad but they completely missed the mark with James Bond as Mikael Blomkvist. The plot was also changed and simplified a bit, and still seemed to go way too fast, not conveying at all that the investigation took the better part of a year. It was a decent recap but as a standalone movie I would probably be as unimpressed as I was with The hunger games without reading the book. At least The hunger games still had special effects going for it, apart from some interesting music choices the girl with the dragon tattoo didn't really have anything that stood out. 6.5/10

It's a great story but it doesn't really work as a movie. Most of the story is driven by the internal dialogue of the characters, which is completely gone from the movie. Read the book, it's much better.

The second book is the best in the series and also feels more suited for a movie adaptation. Maybe the second movie will be a great thriller, although it wouldn't work with James Bond as Blomkvist :/

Couple days ago we made some time to finally watch From up on Poppy Hill. Great movie. Beautifully made with some warm emotional scenes. 8/10.

Some comfort after Hayao Miyazaki's retirement announcement. It will be a bit of a wait until Goro Miyazaki's next movie Hôjôkishiki, but I'm optimistic it will be worth the wait after From up on Poppy Hill. First we get The wind rises end of Februari next year, hopefully on blu-ray before the end of 2014. (2015 more likely though)

I also started watching True Grit last night, turned it off after 10 minutes and deleted it to order the blu-ray. Looks very promising, one I want to watch on the projector.

Holy Fuck I have just watched Gravity :-O the 3rd best movie of the year probably

I just watched Europa report. Loved the attention to detail, all very realistic looking. The documentary film style took a bit of getting used to but grew on me by the end of the movie. However when you use that style you should fully commit to it and leave it in chronological order. Flashbacks don't make sense in a documentary.
I wish the journey part would have been longer, at 90 minutes the movie often felt rushed with scenes broken off and sped up, it left me wanting more. And yeah that ending, after all the realistic scientific exploration it falls into the same old horror movie pattern. At least the characters react in a mature way for a change. 7/10

I also watched The Croods with the kids. It looks beautiful, characters are fun and well animated, story is very minimal. Entertaining but nothing groundbreaking, slighty better then Epic. 6.5/10