By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OFFICAL Kinect Star Wars Thread! -UPDATE- Reviews are live

Tagged games:

Will you buy!?

Yes, always has been a fan. This be day ONE! 10 18.52%

Ya sure, star wars is cool, not day one.. 7 12.96%

No thanks, not a star wars fan 0 0%

Not by a long SHOT 37 68.52%

Total:54

I'm very tempted to buy that Star Wars 360, it looks simply amazing, I'll probably buy a Kinect just for this game

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Totally waiting for reviews here. Could be a nice game, could also be total garbage.

Honestly I think it may do bad, but if it does good I'd be impressed and kind of want it!

then again a lot of us would have died when we were younger to have access to something half as intuitive as the kinect is to even feel like a jedi just a little..... pretty sure you'll have a bunch of people that will pick it up eventually... and some reviews will be skewed by that nostalgia effect i bet

i have a feeling the only sales will be cause of the 360... the game itself looks terrible. but the 360 is awesome looking.
it would be nice to see the console vs individual game sales.

The reviews aren't really surprising. If you want to like it, it seems to possible (85% at cvg). If you don't want to like it, it's easy to hate it.

Around the Network

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222167p1.html

There's Ign's review.

It really depends on who's doing the review, their opinion of family oriented games and what expectations they had.

The more unrealistic the expectations, the lower the score.

Say the words "motion based light saber game" and instantly fans are going to have wild expectations. Without taking the limitations of Kinect into account, yeah; there's going to be a big margin for disappointment.

Taken for what it is, it still sounds like a pretty fun collection of motion based mini games set in the star wars universe. That alone would make more entertaining to many than say Kinect Adventures or Kinect Sports.

greenmedic88 said:
It really depends on who's doing the review, their opinion of family oriented games and what expectations they had.

The more unrealistic the expectations, the lower the score.

Say the words "motion based light saber game" and instantly fans are going to have wild expectations. Without taking the limitations of Kinect into account, yeah; there's going to be a big margin for disappointment.

Taken for what it is, it still sounds like a pretty fun collection of motion based mini games set in the star wars universe. That alone would make more entertaining to many than say Kinect Adventures or Kinect Sports.

This post has a lot of win in it!

Game was a joke. Sorry but I want my money back from that rent.

Yay!!!

I love Star Wars to death, but I think I'll pass on this.