By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - “Wii U Is Pretty Powerful… Which Means You Can Do A Lot More [than current consoles]” -Vigil

I knew that Wii U will be more powerful than current gen. I just want to know how much more powerful.

Around the Network
WiseOwl said:
I knew that Wii U will be more powerful than current gen. I just want to know how much more powerful.

I think all information is pointing to it being at least 17G/i2 more powerful (graphics per square inch)

WiseOwl said:

thats the real point, because we need to know if it will have suport from third parties once ps4 and 720 are out

we need to pray for nintendo

/pray :D

i really hope it to be x4 or x5 360 instead of x2

i don't think Wii is on par with Xbox360/Ps3

Xbox360 is 7 years old, WiiU will be more powerful, the thing is by how much

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Totaldemon said:
WiseOwl said:

thats the real point, because we need to know if it will have suport from third parties once ps4 and 720 are out

This will not be a problem this time around.   With last generation, for developers to port their game to the Wii, they usually had to redo all the game assets, art, code, game engine (if it's not ported yet), etc...    This time around, even if the Wii U is slightly under powerd comapred to the PS4/Next X, game assets and engines can still be shared for easier porting.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I should hope so. It IS a next gen console, after all. So, it only follows it's more powerful than consoles this gen.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Viper1 said:
Totaldemon said:
WiseOwl said:

This will not be a problem this time around.   With last generation, for developers to port their game to the Wii, they usually had to redo all the game assets, art, code, game engine (if it's not ported yet), etc...    This time around, even if the Wii U is slightly under powerd comapred to the PS4/Next X, game assets and engines can still be shared for easier porting.

If you had to guess, would you say the Wii U will be less powerful than the next Xbox/PS4, but it´ll be a small difference?

JGarret said:
Viper1 said:
Totaldemon said:
WiseOwl said:

If you had to guess, would you say the Wii U will be less powerful than the next Xbox/PS4, but it´ll be a small difference?

I'd say it will slightly less powerful only because it's launching a year earlier.   History has shown with home consoles that an extra year of development usally provides a more graphically powerful console.    SNES after Genesis, N64 after PS/Saturn, PS2 after Dreamcast, GC/Xbox after PS2 and PS3 after X360.   

Now do keep in mind that that is simply a correlation but I suspect it will hold true for the 8th generation as well.   But not so much tha the difference between the consoles is as evident as PS2 to DC or Xbox to PS2.   It will be more like PS3 to X360.....you usually need a frozen frame and a magnigying glass to see the differences.

a next gen machine that's able to do more with a last gen game...

when is a wiiU exclusives going to be shown like that critter crunch killer freaks game??  I want to know what that machine is actually capabile of...

kitler53 said:

a next gen machine that's able to do more with a last gen game...

when is a wiiU exclusives going to be shown like that critter crunch killer freaks game??  I want to know what that machine is actually capabile of...

Even the Killer Freaks game shown wasn't exclusive and most likely from the X360 build (a screen shot of the game showed the X360 B button instead of what would be a Wii U button on screen).

I'm pretty certain that Nintendo is holding onto as much information as they can until E3.   This includes, games, screens and video.  Sort of making up for E3 last year.