By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 3!

When do people expect the next forza motorsport to appear? Based on the turnover of PGR games, I would expect it in mid-2009, two years after the release of FM2.

Given the game was bundled with the Pro console for the last few months of 2007, it has now reached almost 3.5 million in unit sales.  It was only at around a million prior to it's bundling, meaning that a large number of people have now been exposed to this game that would otherwise not have played it.  

Given this, and assuming a continuation of current Xbox 360 sales trends, do people agree with my anticipated release period for FM3, and how many copies do you think this game will sell? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I say 2010, 2009 is just a bit early. These games are a lot of work, especially on 7th gen hardware, and even more so when you add online components.

i say either in the end of 2009 or the beggining of 2010

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I will go out on a limb and say late 2008, possibly. You know they were working on a new one after release. It takes on the low end 11 months to make a game, and over 3 years to produce some games. I do think MS will release this close to the holidays. Otherwise, it will be mid 2009.

Around the Network

You seriously reckon Turn 10 can get out another forza game eighteen months after the last? I suspect that GT5 won't make 2008, and the next Forza game will come out in the same kind of timeframe in 2009

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
You seriously reckon Turn 10 can get out another forza game eighteen months after the last? I suspect that GT5 won't make 2008, and the next Forza game will come out in the same kind of timeframe in 2009

well if they only modify the engine a touch. they could throw it out quickly. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

starcraft said:

Well, as I stated, I am going out on a limb! In reality, if they are working on it feverishly, there's a chance it could happen. Do I see it happening? Maybe. I didn't even buy Forza 2 until I found it for $20 bundled with Marvel Alliance. 

i hope this does not come out close to GT5 because then i will have to pass. i own forza and love it but its nowhere near close to the GT series and prolly never will be.

I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft had a first-party studio working on a game for their next system already. I think it was on Joystiq. My guess is that if true it would be Turn10 and they are working on Forza 3. The original xbox only had one Forza and with Forza 2 being bundled I don't think they need to make another one for the 360.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy