By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why I am reminded to avoid political threads on the Internet now...

the allegation that trayvon managed to lose the guy who was stalking him but then backtracked and spoke to him makes no sense. george said he was a fucking coon, got out of his vehicle to confront him(why else leave the vehicle other than to follow on foot when he lost sight of the kid), and initiated a confrontation... i dont care if trayvon did punch him and start smashing his head on the ground. good for him trying to protect himself JUST WALKING HOME FROM A STORE.... a pity this dirty pig didnt get his head smashed open and die.

can you imagine walking home alone at night and have some burly guy STALKING you?? he grabs a gun and gets out of his vehicle to chase you down when you get away from him???? need more lax gun laws...then trayvon could have had a gun when he was attacked by this potential rapist/murderer.

its neighbourhood WATCH not neighbourhood GET OUT YOUR FUCKING VEHICLE AND HARASS PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO FAT AND STUPID AND TO BE A REAL COP

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
badgenome said:
thismeintiel said:

Also, I would like to see some pics of the 6'3" 17 year old Trayvon, instead of the 5'3" or so 13/14 year old Trayvon.

That's a fine example of the media doing a shitacular job on this. Martin was a 6'3" football player but they've been relentlessly showing pictures of him when he was 12, and so everyone seems to think, "This big fat guy couldn't defend himself against this scrawny little kid? Bullshit."

There are some pictures floating around that are supposedly much more recent ones of Martin, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that they're actually of him. They're almost comically thuggish looking, though, so I'm skeptical.

It's also probably the only ones his parents wanted to get out there.  I've heard they closed his facebook down after this happened.  Though, I guess someone got this pic of him (on the right) before that.

And I just read his cousin tweeted him sometime before the incident, asking about Trayvon taking a swing at a bus driver.  Or as he put it, "Yu ain't tell me you swung on a bus driver." 

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
For the Trayvon Martin case...

I'd say it sounds like a pretty shitty case for self defense, so the guy should be looking at charges however 90% of what i've read has seem to have been discounted at later dates.

Don't think there is really any room for "Self reflection".... yet.

Though people hate to do this... the smart thing to do would be to wait two months... wait for all the facts to be settled and THEN protest if nothing has been done.

People are taking this as an open and close racist white guy shoots black kid and racist cops let it go...

even though the guy who shot him is half Hispanic... and from pictures looks noticeably Hispanic.

Not saying that can't be an aspect, but it seems a lot more complicated then that, especially considering the guy's general background which apparently included tutoring black children.

If I was going to jump to any conclusion it would be that he was a crazy overzealous wanna be cop who probably grabbed the kid, got his face knocked in a bit then shot the kid. Which he should go to jail over, but really that's a whole different argument and national discourse if that's what happened.

In the world of the Internet, you have 15 minutes of fame break out.  People look for anything to jump on and it blows up too early.  Look into Linsanity as an example of this.  Jeremy Lin of the Knicks had a real good early run as a starter and made the cover of Sports Illustrated two weeks in a row.  He tailed off a bunch since then, but became the top selling jersey in the NBA for a brief stint and it went nuts.

The case actually took like a month to blow up, and then became flavor of the week.

I don't know.  Jermey Linn is actually playing pretty damn good still if you ask me.   The hype died down when the Knicks went on a loosing streak, but Lin's numbers didn't really suffer during that streak.

Really it was blame pointed at carmelo, for what seemed like Amare indecisiveness/inability to be agressive.

Last couple games were bad, but i mean.  He's injured.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Which would show that the speed of the justice system needs to better-adapt to the speed of the mass-media if they want to protect the innocent. No way he's getting a fair trial at this point, because of all the protests and such that have already ocurred...

Not to mention he's had to go to ground with the New Black Panthers putting a bounty on his head and people publicizing his address, and the police still said nothing for a very long time.

Still, the media seems basically thrilled to have a racial controversy to play around with, is trying very hard to spin Zimmerman as white (as if such a thing really matters), and generally doesn't seem to give a tinker's damn about the facts, so I'm not so sure how much it would have helped if law enforcement had done a better job of communicating. As usual, people seem to have formed a conclusion within seconds of hearing about the story, and everything from here on out is just a matter of looking for facts to confirm what they already believe to be the case when even the solitary eyewitness doesn't know whether Zimmerman is telling the truth or just started a fight he couldn't finish.

What was it?   $20,000 for him alive and unhurt... yet, the police don't want him.  So what the hell that bounty is supposed to be for makes you question the alive and unhurt part.

thismeintiel said:

And I just read his cousin tweeted him sometime before the incident, asking about Trayvon taking a swing at a bus driver.  Or as he put it, "Yu ain't tell me you swung on a bus driver." 

I hadn't heard that. I did read that he had gotten suspended from school for being caught with a marijuana baggie the very same day he was shot. Seems like his father tried to lie about why he was suspended, but a family spokesman later confirmed it.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
thismeintiel said:

I hadn't heard that. I did read that he had gotten suspended from school for being caught with a marijuana baggie the very same day he was shot. Seems like his father tried to lie about why he was suspended, but a family spokesman later confirmed it.

I don't know why, I mean.  It's marijuna.  I mean, high people aren't prone to random acts of violence and as far as things to be suspended for go.... pretty minor.

Kasz216 said:

I don't know why, I mean.  It's marijuna.  I mean, high people aren't prone to random acts of violence and as far as things to be suspended for go.... pretty minor.

That's true. It should mean nothing, but I can kind of see why he might lie about it anyway. The media was selling an image of Trayvon as a spotless little lamb, and people were lapping it right up. And they still are, although it seems like the mask is finally starting to slip.

badgenome said:
thismeintiel said:

I'm guessing it was something that happened a few days or weeks before he was shot (it was posted Feb 21st, 5 days before the shooting.)  It's becoming pretty obvious that Trayvon wasn't the image of perfection that his parents and the media are trying to portray.  What's sad is it has taken about a month for this stuff to start coming out.  And even sadder that a lot of people won't care because it doesn't help in their "race war."

It's also pretty obvious that this has been the objective from the start of this incident.  The only pics that have been officially released were from 3-5 years ago, adding to the misconception that Trayvon was only a little kid, not the athletic 6'3" young man.  The media have been referring to Zimmerman as white, only recently has it come out he is Hispanic (though some still refer to him as a white Hispanic.)  Trayvon's parents deleted his Facebook account (not sure if they deleted his Twitter, too.)  It's kinda sickening if you ask me.

thismeintiel said:
badgenome said:
thismeintiel said:

I'm guessing it was something that happened a few days or weeks before he was shot (it was posted Feb 21st, 5 days before the shooting.)  It's becoming pretty obvious that Trayvon wasn't the image of perfection that his parents and the media are trying to portray.  What's sad is it has taken about a month for this stuff to start coming out.  And even sadder that a lot of people won't care because it doesn't help in their "race war."

It's also pretty obvious that this has been the objective from the start of this incident.  The only pics that have been officially released were from 3-5 years ago, adding to the misconception that Trayvon was only a little kid, not the athletic 6'3" young man.  The media have been referring to Zimmerman as white, only recently has it come out he is Hispanic (though some still refer to him as a white Hispanic.)  Trayvon's parents deleted his Facebook account (not sure if they deleted his Twitter, too.)  It's kinda sickening if you ask me.

The facebook thing is legitimate. Would you want your dead son's facebook hanging around even if your son had died under completely benign circumstances?

That Trayvon could be impugned simply because he looked and acted "black" will just drag this whole affair down further into the mire.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
thismeintiel said:
badgenome said:
thismeintiel said:

The facebook thing is legitimate. Would you want your dead son's facebook hanging around even if your son had died under completely benign circumstances?

That Trayvon could be impugned simply because he looked and acted "black" will just drag this whole affair down further into the mire.

You mean like many impugned Zimmerman when they thought he was white?  Trust me, this has already hit rock bottom.  Well, I guess absolute bottom will be if there are riots, even if the evidence supports Zimmerman's story and/or he gets a lesser charge (maybe involuntary manslaughter, instead of the 1st degree many of these people want.) 

As for the Facebook comment, why would I take it down if I had nothing to hide about my son?  I'm sure many of his friends would probably like to go on there and leave last messages to him.  And then keep it up as a tribute to him.