By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders 2 - The unofficial thread - Out Now!

Tagged games:

Great to see a Darksiders thread. I'm excited for this game. It's interesting how many compares it to Zelda. True it is an Adventure game with RPG elements. If anything, this is more like a toned-down God of War, which GoD as we all know is a very mature-themed Zelda. It's kinda like how, in the beginning, many compared LBP to Mario when all they really had in common is that they're both platformers.

Around the Network
xLeftyx said:
Great to see a Darksiders thread. I'm excited for this game. It's interesting how many compares it to Zelda. True it is an Adventure game with RPG elements. If anything, this is more like a toned-down God of War, which GoD as we all know is a very mature-themed Zelda. It's kinda like how, in the beginning, many compared LBP to Mario when all they really had in common is that they're both platformers.

The devs are pretty open about taking inspiration from Zelda, with the dungeon structure where you get a new item to solve the puzzles, they did take some combat inspiration from GoW tho with the light/heavy combo system with several alternate weapons that you can upgrade. The seccond game seems to be more it's own thing tho, or at least taking "inspiration" from other games like Diablo/Borderlands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time etc, with much more agile platforming with wall runs, color coded loot, side quests etc. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
xLeftyx said:

The devs are pretty open about taking inspiration from Zelda, with the dungeon structure where you get a new item to solve the puzzles, they did take some combat inspiration from GoW tho with the light/heavy combo system with several alternate weapons that you can upgrade. The seccond game seems to be more it's own thing tho, or at least taking "inspiration" from other games like Diablo/Borderlands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time etc, with much more agile platforming with wall runs, color coded loot, side quests etc. 

Yeah, I understand that, but Darksiders is still more comparable to GoW more than it is LoZ. I agree with Darksiders 2 that they're displaying more show in the combat system as well as in the platforming field, which actually further detaches itself from its initial LoZ influence and developing to be a game of its own. Either way, it looks great.

xLeftyx said:

Yeah, I understand that, but Darksiders is still more comparable to GoW more than it is LoZ. I agree with Darksiders 2 that they're displaying more show in the combat system as well as in the platforming field, which actually further detaches itself from its initial LoZ influence and developing to be a game of its own. Either way, it looks great.

I am pretty sure it's stil going to have the whole overworld+dungeon structure, and no matter what games it took inspiration from the franchise still has a unique feel, even if it is just a unique combination of elements from other games that is executed well.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

pre-ordered the game the other day, thinking of darksiders made me remember that portal puzzle that you had to do to free that angel....that took some time lol

Around the Network

I have not played this game, but will eventually do. For what I have read the Germans are super hyped about this game, the collectors Edition is already sold out for all platforms except the WiiU of course. And THQ needs this game more then anything, this and Metro could decide the future of them.

New Darksiders II footage shows concept growth, “huge sense of scale”

note the screen tearing is due to capture hardware

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I'm thinking about playing the first one - I just don't know how good it is. The second one seems very promising tho!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

My friend loved Darksiders so much that he asked our local video game store in town if they would have a midnight release party for Darksiders II. Obviously they wouldn't, and I told my friend "lol it's only Darksiders, man, and we even live in a fairly small city (200K)".

Do you guys think there'll be a midnight release event anywhere in the world for Darksiders 2?

naaaw don't think it has THAT strong a following! Perhaps if they exptected it to hit 3-5 million copies...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.