By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders 2 - The unofficial thread - Out Now!

Tagged games:

Yeah - I think it'll sell somewhere between 1-2 million copies for sure!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Im pretty sure it has a solid release date of august 2012, and its release date in the UK is the 21st.
Playing through the original on the hardest setting again to get ready for this :)

Just a nice person :)

I have never hated a game more than I hated Darksiders. Tons of people told me I absolutely had to play it if I loved Zelda, which I do. "It's like a more mature Zelda!" is something I heard at least 50 times. If "more mature" means that they stole core gameplay elements while stripping it of every last shred of charm or whimsy or appeal, then those people were absolutely right.

Fool me once...

Darksiders II will last over 25 hours when playing it on the “critical path,” Vigil creative manager Jeremy Greiner has told VG247.

Speaking at THQ’s pre-E3 showcase in London last week, Grenier couldn’t give a ballpark on how long it would be on an “average” playthrough, but said the amount of content included made it a bigger game than its predecessor.

“Clocktime for an average playthrough is really hard to put a finger on right now since we’re going through finalisation. But I’d say easily the critical path is gonna be 25 plus hours,” he said.

“Just looking as usability right now, that’s easy. But we have a ton of side content. Darksiders II is a much bigger game than Darksiders 1 in a couple of ways.

“The scale is bigger. It’s much more grounded, it’s much more epic, we put a lot in the engine to accomplish that from a visual standpoint. At the same time, it’s a much bigger game content wise. And we’re all working to polish all that up to a AAA quality as we speak.”

Darksiders II was due to release in June, but was pushed into August.

“We asked for more time to polish up the game. I mentioned before that the game is massive. And with that much content, it takes a lot of time to work out all the bugs and kinks.

“But we’re on track to hit all our submission dates and we’re really excited to get this game out to market really soon.”

Darksiders II launches on August 14 in the US and August 17 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC. A Wii U version will follow afterwards as a launch title for the new hardware.

Get new gameplay footage of it and more of our interview with Grenier here.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/23/darksiders-ii-critical-path-walkthrough-to-last-25-hours/#more-261401

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Darksiders II Wii U features under a “strict gag order”

Nintendo won’t let Vigil boast about the fun it’s having with the Wii U version of Darksiders II until after E3.

“Nintendo’s put a full gag on everything until E3,” creative manager Jeremy Greiner told Vooks.

“If I didn’t have a strict gag order on me, I’d love to talk about all the great features that we have. but what I can tell you is that it’s a next generation platform, and you should keep your eyes open.”

Greiner did manage to spill a small hint, where “small” may be read as “miniscule”.

“We’ll obviously be using the unique controller that it has to its utmost potential,” he said.

“But speaking to specific features or tech effects – well, that’s in Nintendo’s playground right now. And I know that they have plans for E3.”

Darksiders II is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in August, but the Wii U version remains undated. We sent Sam to take a look at it recently; check out loads of new gameplay footage through here.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/24/darksiders-ii-wii-u-features-under-a-strict-gag-order/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Yeah, they featured the GamePad in the way I thought they would - the way most developers will use it; inventory and map... I think the Pad has much more potential than that! Put some spells on there!

But still, it could be the best version of the game just because of that! Bring it!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

zarx said:

"video"

the inventory looks nice but just like 2 seconds of gameplay? The game looks gorgeous, day 1 for me!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
zarx said:

"video"

the inventory looks nice but just like 2 seconds of gameplay? The game looks gorgeous, day 1 for me!

lol I guess Nintendo fans will have to take what they can get.

I personally can't wait to see Darksiders 2 in action, the art style looks really good. The first game was a pretty bare bones and in places shitty port on PC but it looked fantastic with a good bit of AA. Darksiders 2 is looking even better and they are actually developing the PC version in parallel so should be fantastic. 

Of course it's not all looks, open world, 25 hours mainline story, Diablo style loot and Sands of Time style platforming, game should be amazing on any platform. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
menx64 said:
zarx said:

"video"

lol I guess Nintendo fans will have to take what they can get.

I personally can't wait to see Darksiders 2 in action, the art style looks really good. The first game was a pretty bare bones and in places shitty port on PC but it looked fantastic with a good bit of AA. Darksiders 2 is looking even better and they are actually developing the PC version in parallel so should be fantastic. 

Of course it's not all looks, open world, 25 hours mainline story, Diablo style loot and Sands of Time style platforming, game should be amazing on any platform. 

I hope so. I have the first one on PC, but I am going to get the wiiU version instead this time.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064