By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What film properties would make amazing video games?

So everybody knows the saying video games based on movies blow. Same goes for movies based on video games.

But what TV show and movie properties are just dying to be made into video games. Which genre's should be used and which developers should helm the projects?

personally with the amazing success we have seen with StarWars and Batman and many other film properties yes I know Batman is a comic but it also a much loved film property, what other IP have that kind of potential? With the upcoming Walking Dead game and such I have to wonder which other film properties would be perfect for gaming?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Inception has a chance at being amazing. I can imagine a time-based mechanic that wouldn't give you an instant 'Game Over' if you didn't make it.

Example: You're 5 secs away from kick in 1st level so...let's say 15 mins to get from point A to point B. Let's say you're fighting the final group of baddies before point B, but fail to make it. Instead of having to restart, the "first kick" will affect the "2nd level" you're in and cause you to come up with a new plan to reach point B (or change the objective entirely). A bunch of cool ideas to work from with that franchise.

Not sure if my description made sense. Typing frantically before I head out :P.

The Hunger Games could make for an amazing competitive online multiplayer game I think!

I have hardly watched any movies in the last few months, but on Friday I watched The Proposal (starring Sandra Bullock). I can imagine an arcade racing game along the lines of Hydro Thunder based on it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I like the top two ideas! How about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? It is a big adventure that could easily be turned into a movie. Console Sherlock holmes game and a MI4 game as well. I would love to have a building climb level or racing through the dust'orm like he did in the movie.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

For movies with no video games at all I think Young Sherlock Holmes with a new story but with the same character could be really good.

Then there's Star Trek which does have many video games but I don't think any of them really capture what makes the series so special. It would be nice to see some kind of episodic video game for it based on new characters.

The Human Centipede could result in an incredible co-op experience.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Number 3 is supposed to be a gigantic centipede! So online multiplayer is a possibility as well :)

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

A Fallout movie, plenty of storylines to choose from.

spurgeonryan said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Number 3 is supposed to be a gigantic centipede! So online multiplayer is a possibility as well :)

Nah I don't think you'd get the full experience online.