By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft was gonna announce xbox360 + HD-DVD

Microsoft was gonna announce the XBox360 with build-in HD-DVD player at CES2008

This is how I know this for sure. A friend of mine works at Microsoft The Netherlands in a high position, sorry i will not say his name cause i dont wanna put him at risk, i hope you guys understand this. I asked him the following question: "Was microsoft gonna announce the xbox with buildin HD-DVD player?"

He answered me the following: "He did announce that at CES!"... I know this was not true since i watch Bill Gates playing quitar and announcing he wouldnt do it anymore. Wich i told him.  He continued and said: "Uhm, well i only readed Bill's transcript about what he was gonna say, i still have to watch the real presentation" Also he was able to tell me that it doesnt matter at all that it isnt announced. They will just go Blu-Ray just as easily as long the markets goes that way.

So its obviosly that Warners decision interfeared with most companies speaches at CES (regarding games/consoles/movies)

Around the Network

gonna be good when blu ray is the choosen hd format so we can get all the movies on blu ray. Just watched the island on blu... sweetness.

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

So the real question is will they announce one with HDDVD on E3.
Or is the idea taken back to the drawing board

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Proof or it didn't happen.

If that happen Xbox360 price would be higher than Ps3

Around the Network

I don't believe you.

Bill gates just called me, the TC is telling the truth:)

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I am not sure selling a XBox360 with BD player inside would let MS profitable with its video game console...

This is exactly why MS did not include hddvd in the beginning. The other hddvd companies probably would pay MS enough so, they left it out as an add-on.

I read that transcript. Bill Gates was also supposed to announce the death of Steve Balmer but apparantly he came back from the dead.

Go figure.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681