By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft was gonna announce xbox360 + HD-DVD

MagicalJoker said:

Microsoft was gonna announce the XBox360 with build-in HD-DVD player at CES2008

This is how I know this for sure. A friend of mine works at Microsoft The Netherlands in a high position, sorry i will not say his name cause i dont wanna put him at risk, i hope you guys understand this. I asked him the following question: "Was microsoft gonna announce the xbox with buildin HD-DVD player?"

He answered me the following: "He did announce that at CES!"... I know this was not true since i watch Bill Gates playing quitar and announcing he wouldnt do it anymore. Wich i told him. He continued and said: "Uhm, well i only readed Bill's transcript about what he was gonna say, i still have to watch the real presentation" Also he was able to tell me that it doesnt matter at all that it isnt announced. They will just go Blu-Ray just as easily as long the markets goes that way.

So its obviosly that Warners decision interfeared with most companies speaches at CES (regarding games/consoles/movies)

Wow, so a random person with a whole 12 posts writes about a friend who works at Microsoft accidentally told him there was going to be a Xbox 360 with built in HD-DVD player? Oh yeah, I totally believe you.

By the way, I just had a friend of a friends buddy's roomates sisters mother-in-laws niece who works for Konami tell me that MGS4 is coming to the 360. I speak the truth!

Around the Network

I really dont trust that article.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Well even if they do announce a HD-DVD drive it won't change anything.

a lot of companies were going to do a lot of things, I find it hilarious that tards 'rumored' this for like 2 years and now they finally realize the truth.

Thankfully.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Would've, could've should've, didn't...

Who cares. It wasn't announced so it is dead or doesn't exist yet.

Around the Network

I don't really trust you like a lot of other people, they won't make a 360 with a built in HD DVD player now, its to late and blu ray has won. No one would buy it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

twesterm said:
MagicalJoker said:

Microsoft was gonna announce the XBox360 with build-in HD-DVD player at CES2008

This is how I know this for sure. A friend of mine works at Microsoft The Netherlands in a high position, sorry i will not say his name cause i dont wanna put him at risk, i hope you guys understand this. I asked him the following question: "Was microsoft gonna announce the xbox with buildin HD-DVD player?"

He answered me the following: "He did announce that at CES!"... I know this was not true since i watch Bill Gates playing quitar and announcing he wouldnt do it anymore. Wich i told him. He continued and said: "Uhm, well i only readed Bill's transcript about what he was gonna say, i still have to watch the real presentation" Also he was able to tell me that it doesnt matter at all that it isnt announced. They will just go Blu-Ray just as easily as long the markets goes that way.

So its obviosly that Warners decision interfeared with most companies speaches at CES (regarding games/consoles/movies)

Wow, so a random person with a whole 12 posts writes about a friend who works at Microsoft accidentally told him there was going to be a Xbox 360 with built in HD-DVD player? Oh yeah, I totally believe you.

By the way, I just had a friend of a friends buddy's roomates sisters mother-in-laws niece who works for Konami tell me that MGS4 is coming to the 360. I speak the truth!

I saw this rumor on The Digital Bits some time ago - both that it was in development and going to be announced at CES, and after the WB announcement that BG pulled a big chunk of his speech devoted to HDDVD. TDB is pretty reliable, and doesn't usually spread idle rumors. Of course that doesn't mean this poster knows anyone who is anything.

No they weren't this is a lie.

Hahaha, and he also was suppossed to say that He was going to put Halo 1, 2, and 3 On Wii And DS as a "Trillogy Collection", Put Master Chief In Brawl, Make Gold Service Free, Kill the iPod, Give Steve Jobs a Beat-Down, and buy Shigiru Miyamoto's Brain from him.

But Hey, maybe you're right. And Yes, I want all of that to happen, (except the last 1) but it never will.

i was kinda surprised that ms wasnt paid to have hd dvd in the 360. i mean, look at the ps3. relatively it hasnt sold great, but it single handedly won the format war. sony will get a lot of money out of this.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.