By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - .hack//Versus announced!! Lookin sharp!

Feast Your Eyes On Screenshots Of .hack//Versus

By Ishaan . March 21, 2012 . 9:00am

A curious new .hack game was revealed last night as .hack//Versus for the PlayStation 3. As reported in Famitsu magazine leaks last night, the crossover fighting game will be available as part of the hybrid Blu-Ray package for .hack//The Movie (otherwise known as .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni). Famitsu.com put the first screenshots of the game up today:

A mysterious character named “9”.

We aren’t 100% certain if this is CyberConnect 2’s new .hack project which takes place a year after the events of the movie, but it does seem likely that this is the same game, considering that it looks visually more realistic than past .hack titles, which lines up with what CC2 president, Hiroshi Matsuyama, teased about their next .hack game.

More screenshots can be found at the Famitsu link above. The hybrid pack containing .hack//The Movie and .hack//Versus will be released on June 28th for 7,140 yen (about $85). A limited “The World” version will be released for 10,500 yen (around $125), and will include a set of 25 jacket-size posters, a mini theatre brochure, a “.hack//Extension” DVD, and a 48-page art book.

Read more stories about .hack//The Movie & .hack//Versus & PlayStation 3 & Screenshots on Siliconera.

Around the Network

Looks excellent indeed! But a fighting game? Wat?

The adult look of the characters is weird when you are used to the kiddy ones..

Awww I wanted another regular Hack game not a fighter...

Former something....

why is almost every (exaggerating) JRPG now turning into a fighter ? First Persona and now this.

Around the Network

I don't know what it is but... I want it! O_O The graphics look very appealing!!! Sadly.... my brothers PS3 doesn't work. What a bummer.

Wow this is unexpected!

Damn i like, but well never get this.

Not coming to America, but I 'm smelling an import worthy game

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

BasilZero said:
Odd choice for the series, but whatever, looking forward to see how well it does!

What is this about anyway?