By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - T.C.O.W. 2: Do Race differences extend to more than just physical appearance?

BTW, the T.C.O.W. is for The Can of Worms and I might make it an ongoing thread series.

I just hope this thread isn't locked immediately because nothing hateful is meant by this.  I'm just opening the door for controversial but civil debate.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that humans and dogs are similiar but I keep seeing an argument, that's really prevalent on a certain pro-white site, for because they're are dogs of varying intelligence, physical ability, etc. that some human beings are genetically superior than others in similiar areas based on race.

I keep seeing arguments like that caucasians took over the world because they're the most 'balanced' of human beings.  Also that Northeast Asians (Think the Koreas, China, Japan) are among the smartest human beings on the planet but have a predisposition to being more conformist and being less compassionate and creative than other caucasians.  Also that Jews tend to be smarter than caucasian but have a predisposition to physical and emotional ineptitude.  Finally that Blacks tend to be the least intelligent of humans but have a predisposition for heighten physical and sexual ability.

I just hope this all just hogwash and that exterior factors like evolving in Africa, Asian, Europe just made humans different to be survive in their own environments.

Typing this is nerve-rattling but I'd like to see some discussion without bias or hateful speech.  But sadly, this is a human board so I doubt that will happen.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

To thinking people this is obvious. To the politically correct this is racist.

I'd suggest reading "Guns, Germs and Steel".

Short answer... for why white people conquered everyone else? Europe rocks... the continent, not the people.

Long answer...

Imagine the world... started from our hunter and gather ancestors... as we transitioned to hunter and gather societies... Europe and Asia had the biggest advantages when it came to animals and plants to domesticate.

Horse's were naturally more tameable then Zebras, Wheat a far better crop then Maize...

Hence why Europe and Asian societies advanced far faster then African and North American societies.

Now why did Europe seem to progress better then China? Nationalistic Capitalism!

Asia compared to Europe has very few natural boarders, as such, there were fewer countries more or less. Huge Chinese dynasty that were rarely threatened except vs within.

Compared to Europe, which was a number of smaller culturally diverse nations do to geography who spent there days pretty much beating the crap outta each other left and right, meaning each country had to adopt to newer technologies, try and develop them, and look ahead technologically. When they weren't warring they were trading, there different cultures providing many different ways of thinking and ideas.

This also shaped how our cultures developed.

Now on to part two... differences between the races.

Outside physical differences, they're all garbage and either related to socio-economic or cultural things.

Black people as a whole aren't "dumber". They are however, more likely to be born poor and have parents who were poor. Poor people on average are less likely to receive proper nutrients as a kid, as are there parents when they were kids (which matters oddly new studies show). They're also more likely to be in poor school systems, and culturally they are told that school "isn't cool" and "isn't black" and most of the black rich people they see are athletes and rappers so they kinda get nudged out of intellectual pursuits.

Asian people aren't "smarter". That again is culturally based. The "Asians are good at math" stereotype is actually linguistically based. In English our number system goes One two three four, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen.

In China there numbers go "One, Two, Three, Four, Ten one, Ten two, Ten three. They have a linguistic advantage. Asian children who speak English as a first language don't have the same advantages in math that their relatives from Asia do. Though Asians may study harder, again due to culture. If you want to read something messed up... read about Asian schools, and tutors.

Jews? Jews have pretty much always been marginalized in society. As such they were always pushed towards the "undesirable" jobs. Those undesirable jobs, actually ended up being the jobs that later required intelligence and later became HUGE money makers. They got pushed towards banking, then banking became REALLY important. They got pushed into sewing and tailoring, then inventions made it so everyone bought mass produced clothes rather then make there own. Jews ironically were discriminated into success.

It's why it's hilarious when you here anyone whine about a "Jewish banking conspiracy".

Why are white people "balanced"?  Well the above post... White people "took over" the world and became the default.

Kasz216 said:

I'd suggest reading "Guns, Germs and Steel".

Short answer... for why white people conquered everyone else? Europe rocks... the continent, not the people.

Long answer...

Imagine the world... started from our hunter and gather ancestors... as we transitioned to hunter and gather societies... Europe and Asia had the biggest advantages when it came to animals and plants to domesticate.

Horse's were naturally more tameable then Zebras, Wheat a far better crop then Maize...

Hence why Europe and Asian societies advanced far faster then African and North American societies.

Now why did Europe seem to progress better then China? Nationalistic Capitalism!

Asia compared to Europe has very few natural boarders, as such, there were fewer countries more or less. Huge Chinese dynasty that were rarely threatened except vs within.

Compared to Europe, which was a number of smaller culturally diverse nations do to geography who spent there days pretty much beating the crap outta each other left and right, meaning each country had to adopt to newer technologies, try and develop them, and look ahead technologically. When they weren't warring they were trading, there different cultures providing many different ways of thinking and ideas.

This also shaped how our cultures developed.

This post makes me want to play Civilization.

OT: There's nothing I can say here that hasn't been said already.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Kasz216 said:

This post makes me want to play Civilization.

OT: There's nothing I can say here that hasn't been said already.

Uncoincidentally, one of my favorite games.

I don't know how many hours i played Civ 2... but it was a lot.

Even if the Tech Tree was unbalanced.  Rush to get Alexander's Library, then Adam Smith's Trading company, allowing Alexander's library to get all the minor techs and finish it up with Leonardo's Workshop keeping your troops upgraded.

With those 3 wonders you were unstoppable.

So basically from what Kasz said, and I've been thinking for the longest, environmental factors are more telling of how people develop physically, mentally and emotionally than genetic predispositions. Any else to say?

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
So basically from what Kasz said, and I've been thinking for the longest, environmental factors are more telling of how people develop physically, mentally and emotionally than genetic predispositions. Any else to say?

I've always felt the same way. I made a few threads back in the day claiming that environmental factors decide a person's personality. Here are the links if you want to read the discussions.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140618
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135831

SmokedHostage said:

That's basically it. You might want to read up on the trouble Japan ran into with dekasegi. They're very race conscious, so they figured it was a great idea to encourage Latin Americans of Japanese descent to come back to Japan to do the jobs nobody else wanted to do. Now that they've found out the hard way that whatever they are genetically, these "Japanese" are really culturally Latin Americans and have about as much difficulty assimilating as any other Latin American would, they're paying them to just go back to where they came from and never return. (It's actually a bit more complicated than that for economic reasons, particularly because the financial crisis really exacerbated things and left a lot of them unemployed, but it's still a great example of how culture trumps genetics hands down.)

Based on physical appearance:  Caucasians have a wide diversity in hair colour, eye colour, facial structure than non-Caucasians. Non-Caucasians of the same race generally look the same.