By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kojima: Wii U requires unique software

Tagged games:

Oh well, so long for Metal Gear.... (too bad)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Salnax said:
Why is everybody being such a downer? To me, it sounds like he just wants to take full advantage of the hardware he develops for. All this means is if we do see a Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the Wii U, we might see cool things done with the controller.

I remember Hideo Kojima making pretty much the same comment about the Wii. It's just the polite way of saying: "Hell no, I am not going to touch that platform."

Rol you are such a negative whiner, Salnax is right Kojima just want to take advantage of the hardware and make something unique just like he did with Snake Eater for 3DS or Boktai for Gameboy advance.

What a pathetic excuse not to bring multiplats to WiiU...

Even if, EVEN IF he was sincere about developing a game tailored for WiiU, there is absolutely no excuse not to port his other games to the console, as it is more than capable of accommodating them in their traditional form, if nothing else.

hahahahahaha

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Oh well. Don't need his incoherent bullshit anyway.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Makes you wonder if most game developers have Sega Master systems angrily stashed in their back closets.

*Slow clap*

And I guess developers know something about the system that we don't, because this comment makes no sense. Maybe Kojima just needs Hollywood to make some big-budget action flick revolving around a tablet before he graces Wii-U with his genius.

lol read this a day or so ago and yeah its what expect from him = nothing

there is always an excuse so why not just say that he does not want to make anything for Nintendo that isn't a port?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

there is always an excuse so why not just say that he does not want to make anything for Nintendo that isn't a port?

But that's not what he's saying.

He's saying he doesn't even want to make ports.

radishhead said:
I thought the WiiU was going to have good 3rd party support :(

We haven't had Kojima support since Gamecube. (Aside from 3DS). So I 3rd party dev not jumping ship won't kill Wii U support. 

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

noname2200 said:
Roma said:

But that's not what he's saying.

He's saying he doesn't even want to make ports.

Yeah I know I was referring to the MGS titles that were ported on GC and 3DS. Its funny though how 3DS gets a port of an old game even though it has unique features just like the WiiU  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(