By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kojima: Wii U requires unique software

Tagged games:

theprof00 said:
Why is everyone saying he won't make a game for wiiu?
It looks like simply that one game won't be ported over because it doesn't make sense to.

Of course, maybe that's the problem, because people see it as just a normal console with a touchscreen on the pad, but I don't see it as such myself. It really does lend itself to new ideas. Kojima is a guy who tends to think differently, using some mgs bosses as evidence. I can't imagine he wouldn't be interested, just that, for example, when he made metal gear solid, he wanted to make full use of the features, thus giving us interesting fights like psycho mantis, and dialog based on our memory card save files.
I couldn't imagine a kojima game where he just releases something that is mgs without all the cool features of the console the way that mgs uniquely does. MGS without those features is just splinter cell or syphon filter.

I'm looking forward to a wiiu kojima game. Can't wait to see what kind of ideas he'd bring to the table.

If this weren't a Nintendo console we were talking about, i would be inclined to take the seemingly more rational route you have presented here. However we've seen developers, respectable developers, twist logic into all sorts of knots rather than say "we have no interest in making a game for Nintendo platforms" and be done with it. Pandering, meaningless responses like these were seen throughout the whole damn last generation, so we've learned the rules of the double-talk.

When it comes to third parties talking about making games for Nintendo systems, the only thing you can take definitively anymore is if the game has a release date. Otherwise everything about any third party game appearing on a Nintendo platform might as well be written on water.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:
It looks like simply that one game won't be ported over because it doesn't make sense to.

Of course, maybe that's the problem, because people see it as just a normal console with a touchscreen on the pad, but I don't see it as such myself. It really does lend itself to new ideas. Kojima is a guy who tends to think differently, using some mgs bosses as evidence. I can't imagine he wouldn't be interested, just that, for example, when he made metal gear solid, he wanted to make full use of the features, thus giving us interesting fights like psycho mantis, and dialog based on our memory card save files.
I couldn't imagine a kojima game where he just releases something that is mgs without all the cool features of the console the way that mgs uniquely does. MGS without those features is just splinter cell or syphon filter.

I'm looking forward to a wiiu kojima game. Can't wait to see what kind of ideas he'd bring to the table.

If this weren't a Nintendo console we were talking about, i would be inclined to take the seemingly more rational route you have presented here. However we've seen developers, respectable developers, twist logic into all sorts of knots rather than say "we have no interest in making a game for Nintendo platforms" and be done with it. Pandering, meaningless responses like these were seen throughout the whole damn last generation, so we've learned the rules of the double-talk.

When it comes to third parties talking about making games for Nintendo systems, the only thing you can take definitively anymore is if the game has a release date. Otherwise everything about any third party game appearing on a Nintendo platform might as well be written on water.

You think maybe it's just Nintendo then?

I mean, he made a game for the iPhone..

Kojima support for Wii U Cancelled confirmed ?

Wii U can have standard games, but there is a very easy option for additional features.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Wow, is he really trying to lower support for porting games to the Wii U? He deserves to have Snake cut from SSB4. If the touch screen is the reason why than its not an excuse, it would be easier to port a game and add a touch screen feature to the Wii U, than just to port a game to the PS3. Ignore what he says, developers aren't so lazy about adding a touch screen feature that they are willing to miss out on millions of sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

Lame excuse because he his crew has not the manpower for a port, because his latest games had mediocre sales.

But other devs already port alle all their games to the Wii U AND making new games.

theprof00 said:
Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:

You think maybe it's just Nintendo then?

I mean, he made a game for the iPhone..

Developers gladly make games on iPhone before Nintendo platforms. iD, Epic, DICE. For Western developers, Nintendo made-devices are the bottom of the barrel option, for Japanese developers, this applies only to Nintendo home consoles, but Wii and Wii U are still lower on the pecking order than iOS.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I just wonder what some of the developers will be saying about "uniqueness" if the rumors are true and Microsoft has a touchpad for the Next720.

That being said, I think that a game which will stand out on the WiiU will have to take full advantage of the unique controller. And simply porting over (and upscaling) a game from the PS3/Xbox 360 does not meet that criteria.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:

well if you've learned the rules than that makes things easy.  if you want to play third party games don't buy a nintendo product.

Such an elegant way to say, he's not interested in developing for the WiiU, period.