By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:

About the Demon Hunter, there's something we really need to figure out and that's how the hell does she manage to reload when using dual crossbows?

Probably the same way the rogue in Diablo fires three arrows per second at full speed...

Good question though, I'd love to see someone actually attempt to reload two crossbows at once, reloading one alone is a bitch...

I don't know which one was the most unbelievable Multishot or Strafe.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Probably the same way the rogue in Diablo fires three arrows per second at full speed...

Diablo 1 full speed was walking.

TruckOSaurus said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
i would love to see diablo 3 in consoles, but I guess PC will do.

Well there's a pretty persistent rumour that it will come out on consoles...eventually.

Wii U launch already confirmed (in my dreams).

Mummelmann said:
Was deffo the most boring and simple one in Diablo II. I haven't seen enough to make any kind of judgement in Diablo III but I expect it to be much the same. I'll probably stick with the class closest to the good old Paladin.

Aaah paladin....remember that skill Zeal? I think thats what i was called...like 20 hits in one..lol

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Mummelmann said:
Was deffo the most boring and simple one in Diablo II. I haven't seen enough to make any kind of judgement in Diablo III but I expect it to be much the same. I'll probably stick with the class closest to the good old Paladin.

Aaah paladin....remember that skill Zeal? I think thats what i was called...like 20 hits in one..lol

Yeah it was. Zealadins are amongst the most OP builds that ever existed on Diablo II and LOD. My very own Zealadin could hold out on his own against the Uber trio on Tristam, mostly because, not only did it had between 10K-12K damage per hit, the fastest attack speed possible (3 frames per attack, for a total of 8 attacks per second) and over 35% Health and Mana leech, plus 50% Crushing Blow chance, even on bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Mummelmann said:

Haha, yes! I had a paladin with one set of scepter + resistance shield, he delivered like 10-12 shots a second to all mobs aorund him and had lots of life steal as well and he also had a two-handed grandfather sword with a crazy rune word on, did something like 17k damage at max...

I think the paladin must be the easiest character to overpower in Diablo II, but to tell you the truth, I never really played a lot with druid or necromancer.

Mummelmann said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mummelmann said:

Haha, yes! I had a paladin with one set of scepter + resistance shield, he delivered like 10-12 shots a second to all mobs aorund him and had lots of life steal as well and he also had a two-handed grandfather sword with a crazy rune word on, did something like 17k damage at max...

I think the paladin must be the easiest character to overpower in Diablo II, but to tell you the truth, I never really played a lot with druid or necromancer.

Most attacks you could get per second was 8, given that the game engne had a limit of FPA (Frames per Attack) of 3. The only way to glitch the system was only with an Amazon and Multi-shot, and even then, it only got you like 2 Frames per Attack tops. It may seem that Zeal does a shitload of attacks, but only 8 of those connect

Summoner Necros are also amongst the most OP characters in the game, especially for PVP. An army of 20 Skeletons in which each can deal 3.5K damage and have about 7K health (when you've got all related skills and synergies up to 20), is really a sight to behold XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Summoner Necros are also amongst the most OP characters in the game, especially for PVP. An army of 20 Skeletons in which each can deal 3.5K damage and have about 7K health (when you've got all related skills and synergies up to 20), is really a sight to behold XD.

A lot of people hated summoner necros for Baal runs though due to the lag.  You could make most people lag if you were spawning all your minions while the Baal runs were going on.  I had one and I liked it a lot but I believe corpse explosion is the most fun to use during Baal runs.  My light trap assassin had the light trap that did a little lightning damage and also exploded corpses.  I loved it for Baal runs considering once the first monster dropped the others were soon to follow.

sethnintendo said:
lestatdark said:

A lot of people hated summoner necros for Baal runs though due to the lag.  You could make most people lag if you were spawning all your minions while the Baal runs were going on.  I had one and I liked it a lot but I believe corpse explosion is the most fun to use during Baal runs.  My light trap assassin had the light trap that did a little lightning damage and also exploded corpses.  I loved it for Baal runs considering once the first monster dropped the others were soon to follow.

Indeed, the summonecro was a pain in the ass when playing online, it lagged everyone and it was rage worthy when they turned PVP on you, because you basically couldn't do anything and then you were dead. 

Corpse explosion is seriously OP as well, especially in the later areas where the mobs are immense. It didn't had any Synergies (sadly), but it's 9 yards range at level 20, and the high HP of the enemies on Hell meant that it only took 2 or 3 enemies to kill an entire group easily.

Current PC Build

sethnintendo said:
lestatdark said:

Haha, this brought back fond memories of the Cow Level and corpse explosion paired with blood golem. Massacre!