By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:
Bought it - digitally, no special edition!

God damn, I won't have time to play this the way it should be played - like a mindless drone 20 hours a day!
I'll be a Demon Hunter, don't know why, but I think it's because of guilty of never playing with the Amazon in 2.

You never played as an Amazon on D2? Goddess....

I'll just say this: You missed a ton of fun xD

I know, everybody says she's the most fun! But I think it's because I hate consummable itens in Diablo, like javelins or arrows! They make me stingy with the killings :D! And I never played Druid too, but that does not makes me guilty at all.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
sethnintendo said:
lestatdark said:

That'd be great if it ends up like that. Basically as long as you're on the same server as your friend and have characters in that server, you'd be able to play together. There'll be problems with Latency no doubt, but nothing major.

Sounds like how Diablo 1/2 and all the other older Blizzard games where on bnet.

Yeah, but it was hell to play with people overseas back in D1/D2. Not only there was a terrible amount of lag, the latency was just ridiculous. It didn't help that the original Bnet was already a bit primitive in the server department back in the D2 days and that the Battlenet 2.0 overhaul should had ocurred much sooner than 2010.

And heck, those were even the times that it worked. Most of the times you'd just ended not getting connected to an overseas server because the connection time would run out.

Ah, I had no experience since I just stayed on US East server.    I just knew that you could go to an overseas server if you wanted. 

TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

God damn, I won't have time to play this the way it should be played - like a mindless drone 20 hours a day!
I'll be a Demon Hunter, don't know why, but I think it's because of guilty of never playing with the Amazon in 2.

I must have made a dozen Amazons! I loved my Guided Arrow Bowazon with about 100% Piercing. Seeing that arrow go through a monster again and again and again was so much fun, too bad they patched that out eventually.

Remember the Pre 1.08 Buriza good old days? Where you could take an Amazon and do a solo Hell run with ease with only Guided Arrow and Strafe xD.

Talking about the Buriza, I don't recall any other event in a online VG where there was a larger consensus between both the community and the developers that a weapon had to be nerfed badly because it was ridiculously OP to the point of being gamebreaking xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

I know, everybody says she's the most fun! But I think it's because I hate consummable itens in Diablo, like javelins or arrows! They make me stingy with the killings :D! And I never played Druid too, but that does not makes me guilty at all.

I played a little too much perhaps D2.  I believe I got every class up to 85 or higher (sometimes deleting 80s and making new ones).  I had some people that would rush me through so it was a little cheap but I played legitly and did grind a lot of levels by myself.  My highest character was an assassin (light trap) named NumberOneASS and got her up to 93 or 94.

VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

I hardly played as a Druid, but Shapeshifting builds were OP in the right hands, especially Werebear. I once had to fought off a Shapeshifting Armaggedon build on PVP and it was not an easy task. The fight lasted a good 10 minutes.

Arrows and Bolts were plentiful and cheap. I usually carried two full extra sets of either and it was more than enough most of the time. Granted, it was annoying that the 1x3 occupation of the quivers ended up taking a chunk out of your carrying capacity, especially when you carried 2 extras.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

The funny thing is that I holded off making a Javazon for a long long time because I thought that if you ran out of Javalins you'd just lose it forever. I was very happy when I learned that they were replenishable!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Shinobi-san said:
Is it just me or is May shaping up to be a great month for us gamers ?

So many awesome games coming out...although diablo 3 releasing is a rare gaming event in itself! The other games are just icing on the cake ;)

Apart from Diablo III, Max Payne 3 is the only other game I can think of (releases on May 15th as well). What are the others?

Heres a list:

1. Dragons Dogma  - Not much hype for this game, but personally I am very hyped and i think its going to be a surprise hit :)

2. Prey 2 - this looks awesome!

3. May Payne - Well its all in the name.

4. The new Ghost recon - Not really hyped for it, but its a relatively big release, i know a few people who are hyped.

5. Risen 2 - Again not my thing, but seems to have some hype around it.

6.  Starhawk - warhawk sequel!

7. Sorcery -

Edit:

8. Seems as if lolipop chainsaw is also coming out in may

9. A new dirt game as well.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

lestatdark said:
VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

I hardly played as a Druid, but Shapeshifting builds were OP in the right hands, especially Werebear. I once had to fought off a Shapeshifting Armaggedon build on PVP and it was not an easy task. The fight lasted a good 10 minutes.

Arrows and Bolts were plentiful and cheap. I usually carried two full extra sets of either and it was more than enough most of the time. Granted, it was annoying that the 1x3 occupation of the quivers ended up taking a chunk out of your carrying capacity, especially when you carried 2 extras.

Yeah, it's not because they're not plentiful or cheap, it's a principle! Like in pokemon, 10 steps to the end of the cave the repels wear off. I have 99 more in my bag, but no I will try to make it without one, only to find 5 wild level 9 zubats.

I have a problem with decreasing numbers in games. I'm one of those that never ever used a megaelixir! And don't get me started on in-game time!

VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

Yeah, it's not because they're not plentiful or cheap, it's a principle! Like in pokemon, 10 steps to the end of the cave the repels wear off. I have 99 more in my bag, but no I will try to make it without one, only to find 5 wild level 9 zubats.

I have a problem with decreasing numbers in games. I'm one of those that never ever used a megaelixir! And don't get me started on in-game time!

I'm like that as well in most RPGs. I always got to have a full inventory and I always got to have it complete, even if that one item might mean it would save me from a complete death (the mega-elixir case as well). 

That problem usually doesn't present to me in games like Diablo or an ES game, mostly because items are plentiful and it's pretty easy to restock. What was much, much worse to me was the extremely limited amount of Stash space in the trunk...I'm a collector and I usually spent long hours deciding what to keep and what to sell, and I usually regretted it in the end. 

I give high praise to the guy who designed the PlugY mod for Diablo II, it was like a gift from the heavens  

Current PC Build

VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:
lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

The only time I use megaelixirs is against final bosses because I know my usage won't be saved.

Signature goes here!