By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166

Im going with the monk as my first character

My second will probably be a mage...not particularly hyped about the others...yet.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Is it just me or is May shaping up to be a great month for us gamers ?

So many awesome games coming out...although diablo 3 releasing is a rare gaming event in itself! The other games are just icing on the cake ;)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I still have hope that it won't be the case because there's many European VGChartzers that I'd like to play with. In Starcraft II being placed with people of your region made sense because of the matchmaking but that's not really an issue for Diablo games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I also hope that they don't use region lock for Diablo III, as there are quite a few people from overseas that I'd like to play with as well, but i'd rather not expect much than to be dissapointed later on. I've had enough dissapointment with the lack of PVP from day one.

Well rejoice my friend! Here's what I've found:

"Region lock" refers to video games that can only be played in certain areas of the world. Though no final announcement has been made, Blizzard has indicated that Diablo III will not be region locked, and that players anywhere on Earth will be play with anyone else anywhere on Earth. [1]

Players will have to connect to the local region and create a character on it. For instance, a player in Europe would normally create characters on the European Realm. If that player wanted to play in a game with a friend from North America, he would have to create a new character on a North American Realm, or else his Canadian friend would have to create a character on the European Realm.[2]

http://www.diablowiki.net/Region_lock

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I still have hope that it won't be the case because there's many European VGChartzers that I'd like to play with. In Starcraft II being placed with people of your region made sense because of the matchmaking but that's not really an issue for Diablo games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I also hope that they don't use region lock for Diablo III, as there are quite a few people from overseas that I'd like to play with as well, but i'd rather not expect much than to be dissapointed later on. I've had enough dissapointment with the lack of PVP from day one.

Well rejoice my friend! Here's what I've found:

"Region lock" refers to video games that can only be played in certain areas of the world. Though no final announcement has been made, Blizzard has indicated that Diablo III will not be region locked, and that players anywhere on Earth will be play with anyone else anywhere on Earth. [1]

Players will have to connect to the local region and create a character on it. For instance, a player in Europe would normally create characters on the European Realm. If that player wanted to play in a game with a friend from North America, he would have to create a new character on a North American Realm, or else his Canadian friend would have to create a character on the European Realm.[2]

http://www.diablowiki.net/Region_lock

Can I play with friends from other regions? live in SEA. I make a Character in SEA. Can I play with my friend who stays in EU and has an EU Character? (play with my friend = go on boss runs with him etc.)

That'd be great if it ends up like that. Basically as long as you're on the same server as your friend and have characters in that server, you'd be able to play together. There'll be problems with Latency no doubt, but nothing major.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Shinobi-san said:
Is it just me or is May shaping up to be a great month for us gamers ?

So many awesome games coming out...although diablo 3 releasing is a rare gaming event in itself! The other games are just icing on the cake ;)

Apart from Diablo III, Max Payne 3 is the only other game I can think of (releases on May 15th as well). What are the others?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Bought it - digitally, no special edition!

God damn, I won't have time to play this the way it should be played - like a mindless drone 20 hours a day!
I'll be a Demon Hunter, don't know why, but I think it's because of guilty of never playing with the Amazon in 2.

VicViper said:

God damn, I won't have time to play this the way it should be played - like a mindless drone 20 hours a day!
I'll be a Demon Hunter, don't know why, but I think it's because of guilty of never playing with the Amazon in 2.

You never played as an Amazon on D2? Goddess....

I'll just say this: You missed a ton of fun xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

That'd be great if it ends up like that. Basically as long as you're on the same server as your friend and have characters in that server, you'd be able to play together. There'll be problems with Latency no doubt, but nothing major.

Sounds like how Diablo 1/2 and all the other older Blizzard games where on bnet.

lestatdark said:
VicViper said:

You never played as an Amazon on D2? Goddess....

I'll just say this: You missed a ton of fun xD

I must have made a dozen Amazons! I loved my Guided Arrow Bowazon with about 100% Piercing. Seeing that arrow go through a monster again and again and again was so much fun, too bad they patched that out eventually.

Signature goes here!

sethnintendo said:
lestatdark said:

Sounds like how Diablo 1/2 and all the other older Blizzard games where on bnet.

Yeah, but it was hell to play with people overseas back in D1/D2. Not only there was a terrible amount of lag, the latency was just ridiculous. It didn't help that the original Bnet was already a bit primitive in the server department back in the D2 days and that the Battlenet 2.0 overhaul should had ocurred much sooner than 2010.

And heck, those were even the times that it worked. Most of the times you'd just ended not getting connected to an overseas server because the connection time would run out.

Current PC Build