By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone want to get married?

What a fucking question...... Yes!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
In terms of me trying, the process isn't really going to start until i feel i am in a stable job, which may take a while. I mean, i do tend to like living with people if only to have someone to talk to, so it seems like marriage would be a nice thing to have

I always keep my eyes open for interesting girls (who are actually fricking available, if anyone recalls my thread lamenting the lack of singles my age), but i won't actively start seeking people until i have my own life in order.

I mirror your thoughts.

Gilgamesh said:
Moonhero said:
What's in it for me?

I'll give you a locket of my hair with a pretty purple bow, and some buritos I guess.

How many is some?

Mr Khan said:
In terms of me trying, the process isn't really going to start until i feel i am in a stable job, which may take a while. I mean, i do tend to like living with people if only to have someone to talk to, so it seems like marriage would be a nice thing to have

I always keep my eyes open for interesting girls (who are actually fricking available, if anyone recalls my thread lamenting the lack of singles my age), but i won't actively start seeking people until i have my own life in order.

Go younger then, 18-23 girls are a dime every 3 dozen. Just keep screwing around until you find one who you like sharing everything with, and whI likes sharing everything with you. I think you will know quickly whether or not she is right to marry; but I think before you know you are right you have to have plenty experience with women who are wrong - which can be fun too, but the the rewarding part is sharing your life with your wife's life.

I've been married for years now and have two children. Marriage is the easy and fun part. Children is the very difficult part (terrible two's are more like terrible age 1 and a half to almost 4), but in a way, it can creates an even stronger and more rewarding relationship. It's a very powerful life experience to share - and I recommend being there at all times helping your wife, even when you feel like you have given up and it is too much. In the end, you will feel more like a real man than any of life's other experiences can make you feel.

With the above people talking about a stable job first, I disagree, don't wait until getting to goal x, that turns your life into a boring process like a bad women's magazine with all sorts of rules about when to do what and what sort of people are desirable, and who are not (since it always changes anyway, by the year). Find your wife when you fall in love. It is easier to get a stable job when you have a stable relationship if you don't have the job yet.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Mr Khan said:

Go younger then, 18-23 girls are a dime every 3 dozen. Just keep screwing around until you find one who you like sharing everything with, and whI likes sharing everything with you. I think you will know quickly whether or not she is right to marry; but I think before you know you are right you have to have plenty experience with women who are wrong - which can be fun too, but not nearly as rewarding =P

I've been married for years now and have two children. Marriage is the easy and fun part, children is the very difficult part, but I'm a way, it can creates an even more rewarding relationship. 

With the above people, I disagree, don't wait until getting the stable job, that turns your life into a boring process like a women's magazine. Find your wife when you fall in love. It is easier to get a stable job when you have a stable relationship.

As i said, i'm not ignoring the possibilities as life goes on (pay attention to all girls i meet and don't close myself off), i just don't want to take on the burden of managing the scramble for a career and the scramble for a long-term relationship at the same time. Plus i'm one of those people in that inverse position where i've worked hard to make myself desirable for employers at the expense of not working all that hard to make myself desirable for the opposite sex, so the one task should be easier than the other, though both require a fair bit of luck.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I think meeting nice women is easier than you might think; a lot of the time it is just saying hi and having a conversation; especially at a party or a bar - but also even just out in public at the grocery store, public transit, or in a line up. While most girls probably won't want a date, there are still many who do. It really is just a matter of showing available women that you are interested. Falling in love has very little or nothing to do with how successful you are in a job, that is the ladies magazines talking - and they are wrong. People with successful jobs are not more likely to fall in love. I would say all you need is money for dinner and a few drinks (and your own place) - and a lowly job can afford that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

HappySqurriel said:
Years ago (when I was 19) we dared one of my friends to ask 10 random girls to marry him when we were downtown one friday night, the 6th girl said yes ... Let's just put it nicely and say she was bat-shit crazy and it ended disastrously badly (while being hilarious) a couple weeks later.

The moral of the story is not to marry anyone who says yes without knowing you.

so they were actually married for a brief time? DETAILS MAN!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Jumpin said:
I think meeting nice women is easier than you might think; a lot of the time it is just saying hi and having a conversation; especially at a party or a bar - but also even just out in public at the grocery store, public transit, or in a line up. While most girls probably won't want a date, there are still many who do. It really is just a matter of showing available women that you are interested. Falling in love has very little or nothing to do with how successful you are in a job, that is the ladies magazines talking - and they are wrong. People with successful jobs are not more likely to fall in love. I would say all you need is money for dinner and a few drinks (and your own place) - and a lowly job can afford that.

While I agree with you that falling in love has little to do with job status, I don't believe that wanting to have job security before serious relationships is due to some womens magazine as you put it. As my reasoning for it is entirely personal about not feeling worthy of another without having my own affairs in order rather than according to some pre-conceived notions from whatever source.  

I really like you as a friend, but your penis is far too small to satisfy me anally. We would never last.

I hope you understand.

Jumpin said:

cool conversation! I am at the age where marriage is becoming desirable, but still feel like I have to juggle building a relationship with advancing my carreer. More often than not, I'm afriad to say, the two compete for my time, rather than balance each other out. In that sense I can definitely relate with Mr.Khan.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club