By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I get: PS3 or XBOX360?!

Which one should I get, based by the best library of games?

PS3 377 68.17%

Xbox360 108 19.53%

What?! Yer tired of Wii?! 17 3.07%

Meh... 13 2.35%

Resulz!!! 38 6.87%

Total:553
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

Just invest in a 3DS to keep yourself busy until the Wii U releases. Seems to be the best option, because unlike the 360 and PS3, the 3DS won't be redundant for you in a year.

Very true! But I'm holding off of the 3DS until they redesign it and it gets some more quality SW... At the moment I'm mostly interested in OoT and Mario 3d land...

...and that means you are already twice as interested in the 3DS as either the 360 or PS3, because you can name two games for it.

Haha, yes very true! But I wanna play some of the HD games as well: I'm thinking of Batman, Mass Effect and the likes... But I can't decide on which console I wanna play them on :( It's up to the exclusives kinda

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
I'd probably go for the PS3 but I'd lie if I said it was the obvious choice. I don't think you'd be disappointed in either of them so it all comes down to which one has the best exclusives to fit your needs.

Ergo, this thread ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Jadedx said:
DanneSandin said:
Jadedx said:
This is VGChartz, ps3 fans out number 360 fans 5:1. Ps3 will win in every one of these polls.

I guess you're a Microsoft kind of guy? Why should I buy the box then? Got any good games?

*snip*

Mass Effect I'm geeting, I'm just not sure if it'll be on the PC or a newly acquired 360... And Fable 2 I've played and enjoyed it! Is Alan Wake any good? Beside those I've mentioned here, I've never heard of any of them - well, almost anyways...

Alan wake is a really good psychological thriller, it really creeped me out. If you like Classic Turn based Jrpgs Lost Odssey is great (my Fav JRPG of this gen). You should also look up Shadow Complex on youtube, a super awesome Metroid-Vania type game.

Edit: Price Drops are usually announced around E3 in june.

I would have recommended the PS3 until you specified you liked wrpg's so much as the 360 has much more to offer in that genre.

This is just my opinion, but in my head:

PS3 = Best for adventure games
360 = Best for WRPGs

The 360 has a great line up of console exclusive WRPGs such as; Mass Effect 1, Risen, Two worlds 1, Fable 1-3 and to be frank the Bethesda games just run better on the 360, particularly Skyrim.

The PS3 should easily come tops for adventure on the strenth of the Uncharted/Rachet and Clank/Infamous series alone IMO, But the countless HD collections should not be overlooked either.

Personally, I'm going to fall into the annoying 'both' camp :P But if you intend to upgrade your PC in the next couple of years that might be a reason to sway towards the PS3 as the PC is the true king of WRPG.

What?! Your tired of the Wii?! (I wrote it down because I refuse to speak like a redneck.)

Around the Network

The vast majoriy of games on PS3 and X360 I play are multiplatforms because those are the best and eat all exclusives alive.

As for the few exclusives I like, for me Xbox360 only has got Halo as I dislike Gears and hate Fable, and Alan Wake can now be found on PC.

Great exclusives on PS3 are God of War, Heavy Rain, Demon Souls and to some extent Unharted and Ico which are decent but crazily overrated.

omg you...you.. never played Metal Gear Solid 4 yet!?

Oh and another thing you might want to consider.
psn = free
live = pay

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

In all seriousness... get the PS3. At least you won't be committing a crime, just a sin.

The Wii and the 360 have the best variety of games. If you want to compliment graphics with that and free online then PS3. The PS3's library is still growing at a healthy rate.

There are more exclusive titles on ps3 and psn and most games are multiplat. Psn is free to use so not as concerning if choosing online games, not sure if that's even your concern but not all online games are FPS. Playstation gives you a large back library for some of the best JRPGs if you are a timeless gamer, also 10 final fantasy titles are going on sale for a week this Tuesday, maybe 25% off and 50% off with plus. Atleast the 50% for plus, can't guarentee the 25%. Overall in those genres, you can't top PS3's collection right now....unless your a PS2.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(